USC ($20k/yr) vs. Michigan (sticker) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Guide my sword

USC ($)
37%
Michigan (sticker)
63%

Total votes: 135

kazu

Gold

Re: USC ($20k/yr) vs. Michigan (sticker)

Post by kazu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 pm

thewolfandpeter wrote:michigan. is this decision even close?
This. $20k is definitely not enough.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Come on, USC definitely has the edge in LA. USC and its alumni are like a cartel there. And its improving all around. It's just silly rankings and T-14 whoring to say otherwise. Michigan is definitely the superior law school everywhere else though.

pohboydomer

New

Post by pohboydomer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 pm

It's pretty freaking absurd to pick a law school because you "might" have an academic bent "someday." Maybe you want to walk on the moon, too.

dogmatic slumber

New

Post by dogmatic slumber » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:16 pm

pohboydomer wrote:It's pretty freaking absurd to pick a law school because you "might" have an academic bent "someday." Maybe you want to walk on the moon, too.
Hey, this thread lives. I actually said I've "got a scholarly bent and would like to maximize [my] options for clerking after graduating and eventually teaching someday." Not so absurd perhaps.

pohboydomer

New

Post by pohboydomer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

dogmatic slumber wrote:
pohboydomer wrote:It's pretty freaking absurd to pick a law school because you "might" have an academic bent "someday." Maybe you want to walk on the moon, too.
Hey, this thread lives. I actually said I've "got a scholarly bent and would like to maximize [my] options for clerking after graduating and eventually teaching someday." Not so absurd perhaps.
Why not also leave open the possibility of pitching in the majors, appearing on The Bachelor, and sitting on the board of Exxon? Those are also good options you should think about maximizing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dogmatic slumber

New

Post by dogmatic slumber » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:44 am

pohboydomer wrote:
dogmatic slumber wrote:
Why not also leave open the possibility of pitching in the majors, appearing on The Bachelor, and sitting on the board of Exxon? Those are also good options you should think about maximizing.
Because I already pitched in the majors, and frankly I can't imagine the latter two experiences being nearly as awesome.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 am

dogmatic slumber wrote:
pohboydomer wrote:
dogmatic slumber wrote:
Because I already pitched in the majors, and frankly I can't imagine the latter two experiences being nearly as awesome.
Kenny Powers going to law school?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 am

dogmatic slumber wrote:
pohboydomer wrote:
dogmatic slumber wrote:
I much rather go on the bachelor

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”