UNC Law or Houston Law Center Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
el jefe

New

UNC Law or Houston Law Center

Post by el jefe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm a Texas resident who doesn't really care about where I end up working when I graduate. However, I would love a chance at big law (I know both aren't the best for this, but these are my choices now). Both are sticker making them basically the same price from what I understand. I guess I just want to know which YOU would go to given the economic status in hopes of landing a decent job coming out in 3 years.

Thanks
Last edited by el jefe on Mon May 03, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merichard87

Silver

Re: UNC Law or Houston Law Center

Post by merichard87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Houston, its a bigger market and is the best school in that market (other than UT which dominates Texas as a whole)

el jefe

New

Post by el jefe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 pm

merichard87 wrote:Houston, its a bigger market and is the best school in that market (other than UT which dominates Texas as a whole)
Thank you for your input. Houston does clearly have the better market, its just I can't get over taking uofh over a T30.

Both schools are polling fairly close I see. I'm still at a lost on which to choose though. I have ties to neither houston nor to chapel hill. I realize that UNC is ranked far higher than uofh is, but their placement numbers don't seem to suggest anything significant enough for me to choose it clearly over Houston.

I suppose its sorta counter intuitive to choose a school strictly on name and rank right?

Idk, maybe I will just reapply next cycle. I am such a whiner, I know, but I guess I am just not too thrilled about either one.

Thanks for reading and polling

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:10 pm

If you don't want to go to either school, don't go.

What are your numbers? Is it feasible for you to re-take and try for UT or will your GPA shut you out no matter what?

el jefe

New

Post by el jefe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 pm

keg411 wrote:If you don't want to go to either school, don't go.

What are your numbers? Is it feasible for you to re-take and try for UT or will your GPA shut you out no matter what?
Yea I am seriously considering taking this year off now. I will just retake the LSAT in June.
Last edited by el jefe on Mon May 03, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:47 pm

If your self-discipline is currently that.bad, my suggestion is that you get a job and put law school on hold. Otherwise, you aren't going to do well in school no matter where you decide to go. Believe me when I say that working will very likely change your habits where it comes to self-discipline. You may be the type that needs to get out of the school environment for a few years.

Re-take down the road, and you should be in pretty good shape when you are ready for school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”