UNLV vs Northeastern Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which should it be?

UNLV
17%
Northeastern JD/MPH
83%

Total votes: 6

alisyn313

New

UNLV vs Northeastern

Post by alisyn313 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:16 pm

I am torn.....I don't plan on staying in Boston or Las Vegas after law school but I plan to do my co-ops in Detroit, Atlanta, Boston, and maybe one in China if I go to Northeastern.
Last edited by alisyn313 on Sun May 02, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Re: UNLV vs Northeastern

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 pm

What are your other options? Wouldn't advise you go to a regional school in a region you don't plan on working in after graduation. Northeastern's co-op program does not count as a program with national reach, but it seems to be your best bet out of those schools.

1L2b

New

Post by 1L2b » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm

i would go with northeastern out of these as it's a decent/unique school and considering that you don't want to end up practicing in either of these regions, boston's at least a cooler city to end up for a few years--there's more to do there and potentially offers great opportunities/contacts within the city. also, it gives you the flexibility of co-ops in other regions where you would want to eventually settle down.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:19 pm

I hear Northeastern is great for Boston PI. Extremely tough to get biglaw from there, as it is at any school outside the T30, but I think the co-op and regional strength helps grads out a lot. Don't know much about UNLV. Unfortunately both are regional schools. If you are going to go to a lower tier 2, go to a school in a region you want to work. I hate to say it, but it's as simple as that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”