So I chose GW Law over Fordham. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
hannah87

Silver

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Post by hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Always Credited wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
tigrelis wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm glad you chose GW- good for you. though i would say that almost anyone who got into Fordham could have gotten into GW, or did get into GW. so we chose Fordham over GW. should I go start a thread??
while I don't necessarily lean either way, that's a rather big assumption to make.
i guess you're right- but i've seen people accepted to GW and WL at Fordham. i'll rescind :)
To be fair, Fordham's waitlist is MASSIVE. I was waitlisted at a 3.5/17x for months before getting my acceptance.
true. good point. they're a little weird like that. glad you got in!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

You complain about...
ad hom attack you just threw at all of us.
Then you say this.
You're a dipshit.
Then, after that, you tell me this:
you picked GW over Forham. And that was ridiculously dumb on your part.
Then you follow it with this:
Also, FWIW, I think your decision of GW over Fordham may be the right one.
Hypocrite and pro-fordturkey psycho?

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Someone's in denial, lol.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

GermX wrote:Someone's in denial, lol.
About what? I don't like Fordham. Also don't like DC. I didn't apply to either GW or Fordham, and I have no horse in this race.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm

^ Secret Fordham student. Why hide the shame?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm

GermX wrote:^ Secret Fordham student. Why hide the shame?
Okay, I thought maybe you were a flame earlier, but now it is certain.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Btw, I don't see how this...
If you diss on Fordham, you become target #1 on the forums. A lot of people who couldn't make it to the T-14 seem to be grasping to their last hope (Fordham) and, already reeling from the raping they got from the UNSWR (which, now, is a "useless ranking system" because Fordham is not even T-30 anymore, what a blasphemous decision based completely on irrational factors and thought!!1111!!11), they're not going to let ANYONE fuck with their school.
...is equivalent to me saying "romothenublet is a pro-fordham nutty." Sounds like you're the only one making wild assumptions here. I specifically mentioned pro-Fordturkey trollers. In fact, I didn't even mention you specifically, and, more importantly, I forgot you existed until you showed up again with your contradictory and hypocritical statements.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm

GermX wrote:Btw, I don't see how this...
If you diss on Fordham, you become target #1 on the forums. A lot of people who couldn't make it to the T-14 seem to be grasping to their last hope (Fordham) and, already reeling from the raping they got from the UNSWR (which, now, is a "useless ranking system" because Fordham is not even T-30 anymore, what a blasphemous decision based completely on irrational factors and thought!!1111!!11), they're not going to let ANYONE fuck with their school.
...is equivalent to me saying "romothenublet is a pro-fordham nutty." Sounds like you're the only one making wild assumptions here. I specifically mentioned pro-Fordturkey trollers. In fact, I didn't even mention you specifically, and, more importantly, I forgot you existed until you showed up again with your contradictory and hypocritical statements.
To answer your question... you did it right here:
GermX wrote: Hypocrite and pro-fordturkey psycho?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:23 pm

you will one day find it comical that you actually made this big of a deal arguing over the difference b/w a #20-something ranked school and and #20-30 something ranked school, especialy when both are pretty much regionals

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

That was AFTER you made the accusation that I was lumping you specifically into the pro-fordham nutjobs group. You do understand the concept of chronology, don't you? Seriously, its kind of funny that you assumed that I even remembered you existed on this forum, roflmao. Someone has a big "self-importance" ego issue.

you will one day find it comical that you actually made this big of a deal arguing over the difference b/w a #20-something ranked school and and #20-30 something ranked school, especialy when both are pretty much regionals
GW- ranked #20 exactly.
Fordham- ranked #34.

The argument is over a school ranked #15-20 and a school ranked #30-40.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:27 pm

On page 7 of this thread chicoalto breaths a sigh of relief because GermX will be in DC and not NYC.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 pm

GermX wrote:
That was AFTER you made the accusation that I was lumping you specifically into the pro-fordham nutjobs group. You do understand the concept of chronology, don't you? Seriously, its kind of funny that you assumed that I even remembered you existed on this forum, roflmao. Someone has a big "self-importance" ego issue.
It is pretty clear that you were dismissing my comments (and the advice of every other person in this thread) because we are "pro-Fordham" or we are Fordham students or something. I took issue with you lumping all of us in together as pro-Fordham, because I clearly am not.

I'll be sure to look you up on JD Underground in a few years when you're bitching and moaning about not getting NYC biglaw after finishing in the bottom third at GWU.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Look me up among the lawyers who already has a fuck load of money, a family business and a house in beverly hills. Perhaps one day you will be begging me for a job once you graduate from Fordham.

(lol)

Seriously, pull the stick out of your ass, I honestly don't care what you think.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:33 pm

GermX wrote:Look me up among the lawyers who already has a fuck load of money, a family business and a house in beverly hills. Perhaps one day you will be begging me for a job once you graduate from Fordham.

(lol)

Seriously, pull the stick out of your ass, I honestly don't care what you think.
Then why did you make this thread? You have 7 pages of people telling you what a moron you are. We must all just be clueless, right?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:34 pm

GW- ranked #20 exactly.
Fordham- ranked #34.

The argument is over a school ranked #15-20 and a school ranked #30-40.[/quote]

more of a testament to what i'm saying. you are harping over nothing. the day you step into the doors of gw you will never look back to these *somewhat useless* rankings

also, if you think one or two years of GW jumping a few spots and fordham dropping a few spots is going to change your career prospects for NYC jobs, then you are greatly mistaken

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Then why did you make this thread? You have 7 pages of people telling you what a moron you are. We must all just be clueless, right?
I don't care what YOU think.

YOU are not everyone. Dude, the LSAT man. It taught you not to make generalizations based on an unrepresentative sample.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:38 pm

GermX wrote:YOU are not everyone. Dude, the LSAT man.
Thank you for this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:40 pm

One way to give closure to this thread:

1.) Get admitted to Cornell.

2.) Withdraw from GW.

3.) Find a nice gorge

4.) ???

5.) Profit

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 pm

RC fail. I just referenced the 7 pages of people. If I was the only person saying this, then you'd be right to ignore me. But I am including myself in a larger sample of people who all think you're a f*cking moron.
Nope. You're including yourself among the most vocal people on these forums who, like I said, are insanely persistent about trolling and attacking those who don't agree with them. Yet again, I need to reference the LSAT and mention the all-important "FALSE ASSUMPTION BASED ON AN UNREPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE" element of many of the exam's questions.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:One way to give closure to this thread:

1.) Get admitted to Cornell.

2.) Withdraw from GW.

3.) Find a nice gorge

4.) ???

5.) Profit
I'd gladly fill in 4.) for you. It involves a long fall followed by a loud thump and extreme self mutilation. Unfortunately, however, you wouldn't be able to profit afterwards.

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 pm

romothesavior wrote:
jrock12 wrote:
GW- ranked #20 exactly.
Fordham- ranked #34.

The argument is over a school ranked #15-20 and a school ranked #30-40.
more of a testament to what i'm saying. you are harping over nothing. the day you step into the doors of gw you will never look back to these *somewhat useless* rankings

also, if you think one or two years of GW jumping a few spots and fordham dropping a few spots is going to change your career prospects for NYC jobs, then you are greatly mistaken
jrock... you are arguing with a brick wall. This dude is stupider than the chair I'm sitting in.[/quote]

i love how he also references GW as a 15-20 school, and then totaly opens up the band to make fordham a 30-40 school

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm

I'd gladly fill in 4.) for you. It involves a long fall followed by a loud thump and extreme self mutilation. Unfortunately, however, you wouldn't be able to profit afterwards.
Is someone familiar with item #4? Maybe that's why you're so fucked in the head. I would pick a higher spot next time, buddy.
Last edited by GermX on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and I'm probably one of the most open-minded and generally friendly posters on TLS.
That's like Stalin saying "I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and I'm probably one of the most open-minded and generally friendly leaders on the planet".

You're hilariously good at contradicting yourself today, romothenublet.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

jrock12 wrote: i love how he also references GW as a 15-20 school, and then totaly opens up the band to make fordham a 30-40 school
Best of all, he references GW as a 15-20 school, but opened the thread by discussing how it was a lowly 28 last year. Apparently GW drastically improved as a school in the last 12 months!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Apparently it did, according to UNSWR. Why don't you call them and ask?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”