Indiana Bloomington Sticker vs. Villanova/Temple Gratis Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

?? ?? ??

Indiana - Bloomington @ 40k+housing
21%
Villanova @ 0k+housing
47%
Temple @ 0k+housing
32%

Total votes: 19

obso1337

New

Indiana Bloomington Sticker vs. Villanova/Temple Gratis

Post by obso1337 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Alright so here's the issue, after some non spectacular LSAT and complete fail GPA I have been presented with some interesting options for Lol school. I'm not totally committed to BIGLAW, but I'm not ruling it out, also, I am thinking that I would apply for a JD/MBA in my first year. Also, I would prefer to work in the Bos-Wash corridor, but chicago is also an option.

My analysis leads me to these conclusions: IU Bloom destroys the others rep wise, but I saw stats somewhere that their job placement into nlj 250 is not significantly better than Nova or Temple. IU's MBA program DESTROYS the other two, as it is top 25 in the nation. I haven't checked out how 'portable' that mba is, but I have to guess it's pretty good despite its location. Villanova has a much better rep around here in philadelphia, and the campus is much nicer than temple's. Villanova's mba basically sucks. Temple's JD is marginally less prestigious than Nova's but it's MBA is much better. It's a tough call, and I will definitely be contacting IU regarding throwing me a f-ing bone regarding the tuition fees, but let's just assume they don't budge and it's sticker price.

One more thought, I think I could, with less effort pwn nova or temple students compared to IU. Which, I am convinced, is the much more important stat, instead of school vs school.

Discuss comment etc.

Luis Gomez

Bronze

Re: Indiana Bloomington Sticker vs. Villanova/Temple Gratis

Post by Luis Gomez » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Villanova a J.D. is a three year investment, while B school is a smaller one. Don't lose your sight off the real target.

I never like UI-B and would never pay sticker for it.

obso1337

New

Post by obso1337 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:12 pm

don't like ui-b b/c you've been there and it is ____ ? or just on prejudice?

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:06 am

obso1337 wrote:Alright so here's the issue, after some non spectacular LSAT and complete fail GPA I have been presented with some interesting options for Lol school. I'm not totally committed to BIGLAW, but I'm not ruling it out, also, I am thinking that I would apply for a JD/MBA in my first year. Also, I would prefer to work in the Bos-Wash corridor, but chicago is also an option.

My analysis leads me to these conclusions: IU Bloom destroys the others rep wise, but I saw stats somewhere that their job placement into nlj 250 is not significantly better than Nova or Temple. IU's MBA program DESTROYS the other two, as it is top 25 in the nation. I haven't checked out how 'portable' that mba is, but I have to guess it's pretty good despite its location. Villanova has a much better rep around here in philadelphia, and the campus is much nicer than temple's. Villanova's mba basically sucks. Temple's JD is marginally less prestigious than Nova's but it's MBA is much better. It's a tough call, and I will definitely be contacting IU regarding throwing me a f-ing bone regarding the tuition fees, but let's just assume they don't budge and it's sticker price.

One more thought, I think I could, with less effort pwn nova or temple students compared to IU. Which, I am convinced, is the much more important stat, instead of school vs school.

Discuss comment etc.

If you're serious about a JD/MBA then IUB is a no brainer... but are you sure you could get in?

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 pm

obso1337 wrote:One more thought, I think I could, with less effort pwn nova or temple students compared to IU. Which, I am convinced, is the much more important stat, instead of school vs school.
Haha oh boy. I'd like to see you revisit this one year from now.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

obso1337 wrote:One more thought, I think I could, with less effort pwn nova or temple students compared to IU. Which, I am convinced, is the much more important stat, instead of school vs school.
Two things about your scenario lead me to believe the quoted will not be possible.

1. You're considering a JD/MBA.
2. You're considering paying OOS sticker for IUB

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”