Fordham & Manhattan DA/Government Jobs Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
shaps6

New

Fordham & Manhattan DA/Government Jobs

Post by shaps6 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:29 am

How well does Fordham do in helping their graduates secure positions with the Manhattan DA or other government jobs? How would it compare to schools like GW, BU, or UCLA?

shaps6

New

Re: Fordham & Manhattan DA/Government Jobs

Post by shaps6 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 am

bump

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 am

Not sure about the DA's office, but a friend accepted a position with one of the more competitive Federal government programs for this summer. As with any T1 school outside the T14, networking will matter, and grades/journals are important if you are aiming for the honors programs (entry level government hiring.)

Biglaw is the holy grail for most of my classmates, but those who do want these jobs have a shot at them, obviously depending on GPA and networking ability.

Fordham's career stats for the class of 2009 are here (note the near 99% response rate. 93% reporting salary is a 5% increase by the school, and makes the numbers that much more reliable):

http://law.fordham.edu/career-planning/17281.htm

shaps6

New

Post by shaps6 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 am

those are some nice stats there. thanks for the info.

anyone know specifically about the manhattan da's office?

jdny09

New

Post by jdny09 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:30 pm

My class ('09) sent at least 5 people to the Manhattan DA. It's probably the most popular gov't office among my class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shaps6

New

Post by shaps6 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 am

5 doesn't sound like that many...or does it? i'm not sure how to gauge these things.

jdny09

New

Post by jdny09 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:38 am

5 is a lot, and I think there might be more than that even. I believe it was the most from any law school in the country. Fordham places extremely well in that office, and did pretty well with federal agencies and other offices.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:40 am

jdny09 wrote:5 is a lot, and I think there might be more than that even. I believe it was the most from any law school in the country. Fordham places extremely well in that office, and did pretty well with federal agencies and other offices.
Oooh, that is highly awesome news, and that probably is a ton, given all the other schools that must send people.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:42 am

From what I've gathered, those attending/associated with Fordham say they do very well in that office; those attending other NYC schools say that Fordham gets passed over frequently. The numbers place it somewhere in between those two extremes.

But as we know, no numbers put out by any law school are 100% objective and should never be trusted as such. Go with the conventional advice of Fordham + good grades + a personality = Good chance at a job you desire.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”