BC vs Fordham vs Brooklyn ($$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I go?

Boston College (possibly at or near sticker)
58%
Fordham (sticker)
17%
Brooklyn ($39,700/year)
25%

Total votes: 12

bludvl_prelaw

New

BC vs Fordham vs Brooklyn ($$)

Post by bludvl_prelaw » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Got almost $40K/yr from Brooklyn. Nothing from Fordham. I just got into BC the other day and haven't gotten an award yet...they might give me need grants, but I don't anticipate too much in the way of merit money...3.4/166 from Duke.

Does anyone know what BC's reputation is like in terms of giving out money? I know Fordham is stingy as hell and wasn't surprised when they didn't give me anything.

Obviously, BLS is not the same caliber as BC or Fordham, but I really liked the school when I visited, and, despite what a lot of people on TLS have been saying, it seems to place reasonably well in NYC biglaw (20% of their last class per their website...and yes, I know the economy sucks right now).

So, bottom line - can I expect any money from BC? More importantly, where should I go? I'm leaning toward BC, but it's hard to ignore the carrot that BLS is dangling in front of me.

holydonkey

Silver

Re: BC vs Fordham vs Brooklyn ($$)

Post by holydonkey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:44 pm

If you to work in NYC, Fordham. If you want to work in Boston, BC. If you want to work in Wallmart, Brooklyn.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:50 pm

holydonkey wrote:If you to work in NYC, Fordham. If you want to work in Boston, BC. If you want to work in Wallmart, Brooklyn.
ha ha!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:51 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:
holydonkey wrote:If you to work in NYC, Fordham. If you want to work in Boston, BC. If you want to work in Wallmart, Brooklyn.
ha ha!
hahaha. Both Fordham and BC are stingy with money. I say BC because COL will be much cheaper in Boston than NYC. At the end of the day it comes down to where you want to work, Boston or NY.

BC also appears to have better NLJ250 placement than Fordham (at least in 2009.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”