Struggling to make decision, time running out, please help
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 am
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am seeking out advice from fellow law school applicants with more knowledge about the process and schools than me. Here is a little background.
I took the LSAT late (february 2010) and obviously this has hurt my chances because of the limited spaces due to rolling admission. I applied to a bunch of schools because of the wide range of possibilities stemming from the fact that I did not know my LSAT score and what schools would suit me.
I am a resident of Baltimore and as of now, the only schools that have accepted me are....Southwestern in LA, Syracuse, University of Baltimore, and Case Western Reserve (however I received a scholarship of $15,000) to case western. With all this being said, I am still waiting to hear back from other schools (both higher aptitude and lower). My predicament is that I dont know where and if I should put the deposits down. I already placed the $300 deposit for Bmore because I visited, liked it, and I am from the area and it is on the rise. I do not think I will for Syracuse or Southwestern as they are backups with expensive deposits and no real interest. I am however considering case western becase of the the scholarship and reasonably strong academic background.
I really would appreciate if you all could help me out in whether I should consider Case heavily and the pros and cons about it, same with Bmore, and if I should also proceed with cuse and southwestern, and if I should continue to wait for all the schools I applied to.
My scores are LSAT 160 and GPA 3.3. I applied to buncha state schools in mid west (Uminnesota, U of I, Indiana), also in south (UF) I applied to Cordoza and Brooklyn, MD, some pennsylvania schools (Temple, Villanova) Cali (loyola marymount), Colorado-Boulder, Chicago-Kent, UConn. Those are the main ones off top of my head.
Thank you very much for your time and advice it is much appreciated,
Ari
I took the LSAT late (february 2010) and obviously this has hurt my chances because of the limited spaces due to rolling admission. I applied to a bunch of schools because of the wide range of possibilities stemming from the fact that I did not know my LSAT score and what schools would suit me.
I am a resident of Baltimore and as of now, the only schools that have accepted me are....Southwestern in LA, Syracuse, University of Baltimore, and Case Western Reserve (however I received a scholarship of $15,000) to case western. With all this being said, I am still waiting to hear back from other schools (both higher aptitude and lower). My predicament is that I dont know where and if I should put the deposits down. I already placed the $300 deposit for Bmore because I visited, liked it, and I am from the area and it is on the rise. I do not think I will for Syracuse or Southwestern as they are backups with expensive deposits and no real interest. I am however considering case western becase of the the scholarship and reasonably strong academic background.
I really would appreciate if you all could help me out in whether I should consider Case heavily and the pros and cons about it, same with Bmore, and if I should also proceed with cuse and southwestern, and if I should continue to wait for all the schools I applied to.
My scores are LSAT 160 and GPA 3.3. I applied to buncha state schools in mid west (Uminnesota, U of I, Indiana), also in south (UF) I applied to Cordoza and Brooklyn, MD, some pennsylvania schools (Temple, Villanova) Cali (loyola marymount), Colorado-Boulder, Chicago-Kent, UConn. Those are the main ones off top of my head.
Thank you very much for your time and advice it is much appreciated,
Ari