ND vs. BU!!!!! I need help.... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
gdmonroe

New

ND vs. BU!!!!! I need help....

Post by gdmonroe » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:10 pm

It looks more and more like my decision is coming down to BU and ND. I have made countless pros and cons lists and the schools have come up basically even. I like ND because they have amazing new facilities, a great community feel, and an amazing London program. The big con being South Bend. I like BU a lot because of their amazing faculty and location in Boston, but I am hoping to work in California upon graduating and BU may limit my possibilities for going there. I have also talked with several big law recruiters and they made it clear that they viewed each of these schools equally, one even told me just to "flip a coin."

Any advice?

JCUGuy0428

New

Re: ND vs. BU!!!!! I need help....

Post by JCUGuy0428 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm

ND sends a lot of people to California. One plus for South Bend is that its a heck of a lot less expensive to live in. If you don't want to work in Boston, and you want to work in Cali, then why not save some money in the process.

In terms of quality, its pretty even. You want to look at which school gives you the employment opportunities that you want. I am unfamiliar with BU's placement in Cali.

Blindmelon

Gold

Re: ND vs. BU!!!!! I need help....

Post by Blindmelon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

JCUGuy0428 wrote:ND sends a lot of people to California. One plus for South Bend is that its a heck of a lot less expensive to live in. If you don't want to work in Boston, and you want to work in Cali, then why not save some money in the process.

In terms of quality, its pretty even. You want to look at which school gives you the employment opportunities that you want. I am unfamiliar with BU's placement in Cali.
A little over 10% go to Cali from BU each year. I think ND is the same, so I'd say they are a toss up for CA employment. Boston isn't that pricey considering its a city and theres tons to do here. There are also lots and lots of USC/UCLA/UCSD people here - but as I said before, I think its a wash between the two really.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”