Cardozo vs. WUSTL vs. Fordham (PT) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which should I choose? (Please leave a comment as well)

WUSTL ($19K per year, no strings)
32%
Cardozo ($33K per year, no strings)
59%
wait out Fordham (part time, $0)
9%

Total votes: 22

carlkenneth

Bronze

Cardozo vs. WUSTL vs. Fordham (PT)

Post by carlkenneth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 am

I'm beginning to hone in on a decision in the next few days and I need help. I'm interested in public interest, specifically land use and environmental law or civil rights. I'm hoping to practice in NYC. I have no interest in Big Law. As of right now I'm trying to decide between WUSTL and Cardozo. I'm still awaiting a decision from Fordham, but I applied to their part time program and probably won't get merit aid. I'm a non-traditional student and don't have parents supporting me so money is a major factor for me.

Which should I choose? I know that rankings matter, and WUSTL leads in that regard, but from what I hear WUSTL is very regional and my chances at moving back to NYC after I graduate are slim. Any opinions?

nealric

Re: Cardozo vs. WUSTL vs. Fordham (PT)

Post by nealric » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

Do you make enough money that you could pay Fordham PT out of pocket?

NY88

New

Post by NY88 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 pm

go to Cardoza do well and transfer into Fordham. Fordham is well respected and well connected in NYC.

chocho

New

Post by chocho » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:32 pm

NY88 wrote:go to Cardoza do well and transfer into Fordham. Fordham is well respected and well connected in NYC.

Do not go to any school with the intent of transferring. This advice is as well established as studying for the LSAT, and working hard. Do not go to Dozo and plan on transferring, unless you are willing to be happy with the fact that you may not transfer and you may have a degree from Dozo

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”