George Mason vs. Temple Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

George Mason or Temple?

George Mason (in-state tuition)
87%
Temple
13%

Total votes: 15

emtuoh

New

George Mason vs. Temple

Post by emtuoh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm having a hard time deciding between George Mason (in-state) and Temple for Public Interest or International Law. I don't know Philadelphia that well, but I wouldn't mind living in either area. I'm wondering if any of you can advise me on which schools have better public interest or international law programs and job placement (I'm really not interested in being told that international law is not a real career).

Thanks!

starsong

Bronze

Re: George Mason vs. Temple

Post by starsong » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:43 pm

emtuoh wrote:I'm having a hard time deciding between George Mason (in-state) and Temple for Public Interest or International Law. I don't know Philadelphia that well, but I wouldn't mind living in either area. I'm wondering if any of you can advise me on which schools have better public interest or international law programs and job placement (I'm really not interested in being told that international law is not a real career).

Thanks!
George Mason. It is cheaper (debt is a very important factor) and you'll probably have more international law / public interest opportunities in D.C. than Philadelphia.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:45 pm

emtuoh wrote:I'm having a hard time deciding between George Mason (in-state) and Temple for Public Interest or International Law. I don't know Philadelphia that well, but I wouldn't mind living in either area. I'm wondering if any of you can advise me on which schools have better public interest or international law programs and job placement (I'm really not interested in being told that international law is not a real career).

Thanks!
I don't know much about Temple, so I don't want to speak to much to what you can do from there. GMU on the other hand is in DC. I know someone who is in the bottom of the class and is working as an intern at the Department of Justice on Immigration Issues, and someone else who is in the top third who is working with the International Justice Mission. So you can definitely pursue PI from there as well as "international law" (which is really not a field just a blanket term).

I think that GMU might be a better choice because you have in state tuition and its ridiculously cheap anyway.

Just my .02.

bernie shmegma

Bronze

Post by bernie shmegma » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:30 am

George Mason has smarter people than Temple- they actually teach the Constitution.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”