. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Please help me choose between these schools!

Poll ended at Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 pm

No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

Sunflower

New

Post by Sunflower » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Last edited by Sunflower on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Re: Please help me choose between these schools!

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Sunflower wrote:I am not looking for big law work. I would love to be a public defender or get some other type of government job. I don't want to get in a lot of debt! I am also wondering for public defender or government jobs do you have to stay in the region you went to law school to be able to find work?
Where are you from? Based purely on the bolded above, choose the school that will leave you with the least amount of debt coming out. That appears to be UO.

Sunflower

New

Post by Sunflower » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:56 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
Sunflower wrote:I am not looking for big law work. I would love to be a public defender or get some other type of government job. I don't want to get in a lot of debt! I am also wondering for public defender or government jobs do you have to stay in the region you went to law school to be able to find work?
Where are you from? Based purely on the bolded above, choose the school that will leave you with the least amount of debt coming out. That appears to be UO.
I have spent a lot of years living in southern California and would like to return one day after law school (maybe). I don't have to be in LA could be happy in an area like Riverside or San Diego.

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Chicago is awesome. Visit, fall in love, go to DePaul (keep the scholarship!), and network your ass off.

If you want to leave CA as an option to return to... then my advice probably sucks. But I'm depressed about leaving Chicago so I'm pretty biased here.

reverendt

Bronze

Post by reverendt » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Definitely one of the west coast schools....considering where you want to work.
Northeastern will get you a PI job in Boston....not Cali.

Personally I'm partial to Lewis & Clark.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Yeah.... Oregon probably makes more sense.

BUT STILL.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Oregon if you're super debt averse, Lewis and Clark if you want the most PI options in the Portland metro area.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Sunflower wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:
I have spent a lot of years living in southern California and would like to return one day after law school (maybe). I don't have to be in LA could be happy in an area like Riverside or San Diego.
Why did you not apply to any law schools in SoCal? If you're not looking for biglaw, there are some good options down there. I would seriously consider it, even if it means sitting out a year (during which you could study and retake the LSAT). GL and HTH.

Sunflower

New

Post by Sunflower » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:11 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
Sunflower wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:
Why did you not apply to any law schools in SoCal? If you're not looking for biglaw, there are some good options down there. I would seriously consider it, even if it means sitting out a year (during which you could study and retake the LSAT). GL and HTH.
My only three options with my GPA/LSAT score would have been Southwestern, Loyola, and San diego. I wouldn't have got any scholarship money according to LSN from those schools. I am not willing to get in that kind of debt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

reverendt

Bronze

Post by reverendt » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Sunflower wrote:
My only three options with my GPA/LSAT score would have been Southwestern, Loyola, and San diego. I wouldn't have got any scholarship money according to LSN from those schools. I am not willing to get in that kind of debt.
What about Pepperdine?

Sunflower

New

Post by Sunflower » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:26 pm

reverendt wrote:
Sunflower wrote:
What about Pepperdine?
According to LSN and law predictor I don't have a real shot at Pepperdine.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”