Loyola Law (LA) or Pepperdine? HELP! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
splmu

New

Loyola Law (LA) or Pepperdine? HELP!

Post by splmu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:28 pm

I have heard back from most of the law schools that I have applied to and have so far narrowed my choices down to Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and Pepperdine Law School in Malibu.

Any suggestions as to where I should go and why? I want to practice in the Los Angeles area once I graduate.

I'm still waiting to hear back from USC (which will be a no-brainer if I get in there) and UCI. If I get into UCI, does anyone have an opinion on whether or not that would be better than Pepperdine or Loyola?

Any advice I can get would be appreciated!

voice of reason

Bronze

Re: Loyola Law (LA) or Pepperdine? HELP!

Post by voice of reason » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Irvine is more of an unknown, but it's probably going to be a T1 school -- the Hastings or Davis of southern California. When you combine that with the half-tuition scholarship they'll give you if you get in, Irvine is a much better option than Loyola-LA or Pepperdine. Good luck.

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:48 pm

If I were you, I would go to UCI over Loyola and Pepperdine (but not USC :P)
Between Loyola and Pepperdine, I've heard conflicting reports in terms of employability. However, it is certain that, while Loyola is pretty liberal, Pepperdine has a religious and politically conservative reputation.

rensualk

New

Post by rensualk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 pm

I would say Loyola with Starr leaving Pepperdine... I think the reason it was such a big feeder to a lot of big positions (albeit conservative ones) was because of Starr. I'm not sure how big a hit they'll take w/o him, but I think it will be significant

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”