LSAT help! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bigmnstyle

Bronze

LSAT help!

Post by bigmnstyle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 am

Hey! Quick question: I scored a 156 on my lsat started with a 144 diagnostic. I took the lsat last September which was my 2nd time taking it. I scored a 153 on the June test. I have applied to schools but am going to withdraw my application get a job and study for the lsat for 6 months. I get about 20 on games, 15 on reading comp, and 32 on logical reasoning. I took the Kaplan class and feel like if I could get reading comp to 20 and logical reasoning up to 37 I could get 161. I am fairly confident I could do this with the right study method. I figured I would focus on logic games the last month or 2, and focus primarily on reading comprehension the first 2 months to try to get that section up to 20 correct. I feel if I can get this section to 20 correct my logical reasoning sections will naturally raise as well as I will be a better reader after doing non stop reading comprehension for 2 months. One of my problems in logical reasoning is I have a hard time paraphrasing the arguments and remember what I just read. After those 2 months I would go and add in logical reasoning. When studying for reading comp- should I start from scratch even though I have already put about 2 months of studying in for it for the past tests? Start by doing each reading comp section and then reviewing it and then do it again? Then go onto the next test. How would you go about it with knowing the fact that I have already taken a class and have a good familiarity with the lsat in general and it is the little things that mess me up.If this was confusing please just let me know what you would do in my situation trying to improve 5 more points. 15 on reading comp and 32 on logical reasoning isn't that good so I figure there is a lot of room for improvement.

TTH

Diamond

Re: LSAT help!

Post by TTH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 am

The key to this flame: posting in the wrong forum to complain about his reading comprehension performance.

Not spectacular, but I like it. 160

bigmnstyle

Bronze

Re: LSAT help!

Post by bigmnstyle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:51 am

Could someone bump it?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”