Indiana University Bloomington or Ohio State Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

IUB or OSU

Indiana University - Bloomington 15k/yr
46%
Ohio State University 8.5k/yr
54%

Total votes: 24

pieceofbeth

New

Indiana University Bloomington or Ohio State

Post by pieceofbeth » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:52 pm

15,000/yr from IUB and cost of living estimates mean I'm paying at least 120,000.

8,500/yr with instate tuition after the first year puts me at around 95,000.

I like both schools and I can really see myself in either places and I'm not committed to practicing in one city or another. However, if money were not such a huge concern- I would definitely choose IUB. Any advice would be awesome.

Steven Perry

New

Re: Indiana University Bloomington or Ohio State

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 am

I think this will really come down to whether or not you prefer Ohio or Indiana. Being an Ohio native, I obviously prefer Ohio, and Columbus is a fun city. The OSU campus is also a lot of fun, though it's very sports/partying oriented. I've never made the trip out to Indiana U, so I can't really give an opinion.

In terms of job placement, I'd say that both have a fairly equal hold on their respective markets. Once again, I think it's Ohio (yay!) vs Indiana.

LogosEther

Bronze

Post by LogosEther » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 am

I know IU is supposed to be "better", but if you can REALLY see yourself at either place, why not choose to save the 35k?

Important to note that who knows, IU might sink in rankings by the time you graduate. I hear they took a big jump because of a massive donation. Typically this wouldn't matter, but it sounds like it's something that's important to you.

Awesome profile pic, by the way. Best movie ever.

Wanna help me out on my decision? It's the Mizzou($) vs. Indiana one, should be several posts below yours.

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 am

pieceofbeth wrote:15,000/yr from IUB and cost of living estimates mean I'm paying at least 120,000.

8,500/yr with instate tuition after the first year puts me at around 95,000.

I like both schools and I can really see myself in either places and I'm not committed to practicing in one city or another. However, if money were not such a huge concern- I would definitely choose IUB. Any advice would be awesome.
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 2443758843

IUB is a TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Even Chicago Kent beat it!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 am

Ohio State. I'm looking at IUB, too, and figure to get the same scholarship (if they ever dig out my application and give me a decision), but IUB's out of state tuition is just fucking crazy.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 am

TipTravHoot wrote:Ohio State. I'm looking at IUB, too, and figure to get the same scholarship (if they ever dig out my application and give me a decision), but IUB's out of state tuition is just fucking crazy.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”