Where to live going to Southwestern Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bigmnstyle

Bronze

Where to live going to Southwestern

Post by bigmnstyle » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Don't want to live in Koreatown, any suggestions on cheap apartments without guns? lol/jk just trying to figure out where to look... thanks

GATORTIM

Silver

Re: Where to live going to Southwestern

Post by GATORTIM » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:05 pm

I think Miracle Mile is going to be your best (non gun) bet.

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Silverlake is affordable and just minutes from the school, depending what part you live in. I lived there and worked right by the school. Better hood for sure, not as fun as say west hollywood but cheaper and closer. Los feliz is jus slightly further but maybe even a bit more to do. Either of those are affordable/relatively close. You would add some commute doing melrose or west hollywood, but might be worth it for the fun factor - might as well do la right.

bigmnstyle

Bronze

Post by bigmnstyle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 am

anything in particularly special to these areas? How much is rent for a one bedroom?

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:49 pm

bigmnstyle wrote:anything in particularly special to these areas? How much is rent for a one bedroom?
Go to Craigslist for prices.

Silverlake: cool vibe, somewhat artsy area, nice residential feel yet not off in the Valley/some more suburban area. Lots of young professionals mixed with artists.

Los Feliz: about the same, maybe a little more in the way of restaurants/bars and in a centralized area.

West Hollywood: what can you say, the Oscars happened about 1 mile from where I live, can get pool/hot tub apts fairly easily, walk to the Sunset Strip/stores/bars/restaurants. Less of the residential feel of say Silverlake, more of the Hollywood feel, yet borderline Bev Hills, which it does actually border on. This is celebrity clubbing central, etc.

Melrose: More artsy/more affordable. Lots of cool shops/restaurants.

All four are liveable in terms of safety. The first two are shorter commutes to the school, but the other two wouldn't kill you time-wise. More going on I think in the last two, but also more pricey.

Have some fun touring the four - think you should have no prob finding something good between them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bigmnstyle

Bronze

Post by bigmnstyle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Cool, thanks!

How much are you paying if you don't mind me asking? Which of the four would you suggest if you are looking for the cheapest area.

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:31 am

Well rents are falling massively - my apts rent has actually come down about 300 just this year - 1 bd rms here were 1400 just 3 years ago, now they are 1050 - I am now paying only about 850 for a massive room in a 2bd/2bath - a master suite as big as a studio in a place right in we ho w/pool/hot tub - and you can now find cheaper here. But silverlake is prob the cheapest of the 4, with los feliz just behind - and silverlake is closest to the school as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”