Albany Vs. Quinnipiac Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school?

Albany
47%
Quinnipiac
53%

Total votes: 15

ddav87

New

Albany Vs. Quinnipiac

Post by ddav87 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm not sure either of these are my first choice but both have offered me very nice scholarships and with the price being about the same which would you choose? From what I have read it seems Albany is the better choice but i could be wrong. (Please don't suggest a retake as I'm happy with my score and neither of these may be my first choice but they are good options to avoid debt.)

lawlife2010

New

Re: Albany Vs. Quinnipiac

Post by lawlife2010 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 pm

I'd say Quinnipiac.
While my knowledge of New York and its schools are limited, I think you would have more competition from other law schools that are on the higher end in NY. Quinnipiac's closest competition is Yale, whose students tend to seek other jobs than Quinn graduates, and U.Conn. You would stand a better chance of getting a job at Quinnipiac, in my opinion....and the cost of living would probably be better.

ddav87

New

Post by ddav87 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:00 pm

I was wondering How much U.Conn Grads would Hurt Quinnipiac's chances and figured Yale was more of a non-issue since most of their grads leave CT. Thanks for the insight. Cost of living is pretty close but i think Hamden wins by a small amount. My other question is how many of NYC grads go to upstate NY?

ddav87

New

Post by ddav87 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:49 pm

bump

nyjfanjmk

New

Post by nyjfanjmk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am

Having gotten into both schools, I'd say Quinnipiac for sure. Beautiful building, nice students, good faculty, and placement in a good legal market. Albany has its niche, but doesn't seem as desirable of an atmosphere as Quinnipiac. In terms of NYC grads, I'd think they tend to stay in NYC and not go upstate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I don't know anything about Albany, but Quinnipiac has a beautiful campus and is very well-regarded in CT, so if you didn't mind working in the state you would probably be fine.

ddav87

New

Post by ddav87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah Quinnipiac is pretty close to my extended family as well. (Although my immediate family is in Washington) It's a tough decision but people might be swaying me the Quinnipiac way. Thanks for everyone’s input it's extra helpful seeing as I haven't seen either campus in person yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”