University of Miami or St. Johns Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MonicaP

New

University of Miami or St. Johns

Post by MonicaP » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:52 pm

I got a full scholarship to St. Johns and a 23K scholarship to UMiami......what to do?

ggocat

Gold

Re: University of Miami or St. Johns

Post by ggocat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:06 pm

renewal requirements?
where do you want to work?

MonicaP

New

Post by MonicaP » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:10 pm

st. johns : remain in the top half of class
umiami: keep 3.0 gpa

I want to study international law and mostly work with non profits and global organizations for human rights development. I know that Miami has good ties with Latin America, but don't know about St. Johns.

Miami is home, but I love NY and don't see myself living here for the rest of my life. I have the comforts of home with Miami, but pretty tired of living in this city. Definitely want to have some mobility with my degree, to work internationally.

Also concerned about the location of St. Johns in nyc. Dont want to live in Queens, and worried that the commute from Manhattan is too long.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 pm

MonicaP wrote: Definitely want to have some mobility with my degree, to work internationally.
Then definitely NOT St. John's and probably not Miami either.

Commute from Queens to Manhattan? I can't really comment on how long it is, but this should be the least of your worries. Sounds to me that St. John's just wouldn't be a good fit at all.

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:13 pm

MonicaP wrote:st. johns : remain in the top half of class
umiami: keep 3.0 gpa

I want to study international law and mostly work with non profits and global organizations for human rights development. I know that Miami has good ties with Latin America, but don't know about St. Johns.

Miami is home, but I love NY and don't see myself living here for the rest of my life. I have the comforts of home with Miami, but pretty tired of living in this city. Definitely want to have some mobility with my degree, to work internationally.

Also concerned about the location of St. Johns in nyc. Dont want to live in Queens, and worried that the commute from Manhattan is too long.
are you a Miami Scholar?
Cuz they usually give out 3.2 GPA stipulation for 23000 scholarship

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”