Tulane's Future Ranking (Both Law & UG) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
gwuorbust

Gold

Re: Tulane's Future Ranking (Both Law & UG)

Post by gwuorbust » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:04 am

PDaddy wrote:I have a very nice scholly to Tulane Law, and, based on what I am hearing from people who really know what the schools are about (older lawyers who have been around and worked with and against Tulane grads, profs, Pre-law advisors, LSAT instructors, etc), Tulane has mad juice. What southern law schools not ranked ostensibly in the top-20 has the reach or employment prospects Tulane has? I saw some hard data showing that Tulane beat nearly every sub #20 school in either Vault 100 or NLJ 100 employment (not sure). And we know the profs are highly thought of. :? I'm confused as to why it isn't at least 10-15 spots higher.

UG? I think Tulane, Illinois, UW-Seattle, North Carolina, and UC-Davis should be ranked much higher. USNWR favors Private, N.E., Urban.
where can this hard data be found, I would like to see it.

warchild

New

Post by warchild » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 pm

whitman wrote:Tulane still has much better lay prestige than its ranking would indicate. It's ranked with schools like University if Tennessee, which seems fairly absurd. I am speaking only from public perception. Maybe it's not very well regarded in the legal community, but that would be surprising to this clueless 0L. Why is it not ranked in the 30s exactly? It seems like it should be up there with the low 30s schools.
I am currently trying to decide between Tulane and University of Tennessee(in state). I visitied both, and honestly liked Tulane much better. I am just simply worried about the cost. I could graduate from UT debt free or have around 90k of debt from Tulane.

pocket herc

Bronze

Post by pocket herc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

If you intend to work in Tennessee, there is really no justification for attending Tulane.

warchild

New

Post by warchild » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 pm

I am not 100% sure where I want to live. I have lived in both New Orleans and Knoxville and I liked both even they are not similar at all. I guess not knowing where I want to live is a big part of the problem. Either way, I was much more impressed with Tulane after visiting both schools.

pocket herc

Bronze

Post by pocket herc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 pm

yeah, I love Tulane, so no argument there. But you definitely have some thinking to do, geographic preference along with the financial consideration would factor most into my decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”