East coast or west coast? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mgross31

New

East coast or west coast?

Post by mgross31 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Alright so I'm not applying to any schools until the fall but I figured I would get this question out there now to see what you guys think. I am comfortable that with my gpa and lsat that I can get into U of Florida. I am not a resident of Florida so I would pay out of state tuition for at least the 1st year. I also am not sure if I would like to go out west yet either. If I plan to, I want to apply ED to UCLA because my only chance of really getting in there is to apply ED. However, the cost difference is absolutely huge, because I would more than likely not get any money from UCLA. I know that if I go to UF my job options in Cali are probably limited. What do you guys think I should do?

GATORTIM

Silver

Re: East coast or west coast?

Post by GATORTIM » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:35 pm

UF would keep you out of the West Coast and in the South (for a while at least), but UCLA would give you flexibility in the west and shot at making $$ in California; allowing you to buy a plane ticket to visit the East Coast.

fortissimo

Silver

Post by fortissimo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 am

-
Last edited by fortissimo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mgross31

New

Post by mgross31 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

yea i know what kind of debt would await me if i were to be accepted at ucla..but if i choose to stay on the east coast then this isnt even an issue..i really want to go out to the west coast but the only school that i would go there for that i have a feasible shot at getting into is ucla..and im not necessarily looking to get into biglaw but i do know that if I go to UF then I'm basically stuck on the east coast for a while

fortissimo

Silver

Post by fortissimo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

-
Last edited by fortissimo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mgross31

New

Post by mgross31 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:03 pm

yea i have and im sure i would enjoy living out there..but yea i'm thinking about retaking the lsat because i know that all that debt is a ton especially when you compare it to a school like UF, even being out of state

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:11 pm

key words/expression for 2010 and beyond.....

#7 "Retake the LSAT! And then [insert nimrod advice], because [insert additional advice from somebody that has no clue of what in the hell they are talking about]"

if the LS application process and a majority of applicants are any indication of what LS is all about...can't wait to experience this dumpster-fire!

Steven Perry

New

Post by Steven Perry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm

I've never been very partial to the South or the West Coast, but if I had to pick I'd go West Coast. I say take UCLA and get a chance for better opportunities in that market, not to mention the degree will be more flexible than one from Florida.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”