What school would you go to? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What school

Rutgers- Newark
38%
Miami
28%
Villanova
29%
Seton Hall
5%

Total votes: 65

Doritos

Silver

Re: What school would you go to?

Post by Doritos » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am

sarlis wrote:
Doritos wrote:I don't know but I'm guessing it was serious.
yeah, OP almost got banned by OS, who, if I remember from a thread a couple of weeks ago, said she had never banned anyone before. for the record, OS is awesome!

And, haha, we totally highjacked this thread, lol.

haha yes we did. If you want to talk about hijacking a thread check out the thread i started about the HYSCCN distinction. Could be my favorite thread of all time. And I second that OS is truly a saint. Ok, you guys can have your thread back :mrgreen:

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 am

Doritos wrote:
sarlis wrote:
yeah, OP almost got banned by OS, who, if I remember from a thread a couple of weeks ago, said she had never banned anyone before. for the record, OS is awesome!

haha yes we did. If you want to talk about hijacking a thread check out the thread i started about the HYSCCN distinction. Could be my favorite thread of all time. And I second that OS is truly a saint. Ok, you guys can have your thread back
Not yet. haha. can you post the HYSCCN thread you were talking about?

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 am

sarlis wrote:
Doritos wrote:
sarlis wrote:

haha yes we did. If you want to talk about hijacking a thread check out the thread i started about the HYSCCN distinction. Could be my favorite thread of all time. And I second that OS is truly a saint. Ok, you guys can have your thread back
Not yet. haha. can you post the HYSCCN thread you were talking about?

get some popcorn and enjoy...http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=104262

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 am

sarlis wrote:
Plus, the statistics fail to consider, (or at least report this) how well UMiami grads do, or don't do, in Miami and South Florida.

If the stats report everyone, including grads who have jobs out of S.Fl, I can see how the numbers would look low. Since, UMiami works the best in S.Fl.
*shrug*

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 am

haha, I am reading it now. Now OP can have his thread back, lol.

Update: a few pages into the thread; great job doritos! i am enjoying the brawl.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 am

eagles86 wrote:I very likely may have this decision in a month or so. For this purpose I will say that it doesnt matter what region I practice in..im from NJ but kind of tired of living here.
If you don't want to be in Jersey then don't go to school there. Choose between Miami & Villanova.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:15 am

Miami because it is "the U" and that's where the guy in my avatar went to school. ;]

In all seriousness, unless you really cant see yourself living in NJ, the in-state tuition at Rutgers seems too good to pass up. And yet, as someone who also grew up in NJ, I can understand the urge to experience something else...and Miami is the sexiest city in the country in my opinion. It's a tough call.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:07 am

bitlrc wrote:i'm in the same boat, being from NJ and i applied to rutgers-camden, seton hall, and nova. if all things were equal (in terms of cost, at least) i would choose nova. brand new building (amazing looking and super modern by the way), solid reputation, and close enough to home without having to be in the same old NJ rut.
Nova? Solid reputation? We are talking about Nova Southeastern Shepherd Broad, right? In FL Nova is below UF, FSU, Miami, and Stetson in that order more or less. Nova basically only places well in FL. And not even very well there, considering the competition. If you don't plan to be in the top of the class, law review, etc., don't go to Nova. It is not worth the money.

bitlrc

Bronze

Post by bitlrc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:03 am

rad law wrote:
bitlrc wrote:i'm in the same boat, being from NJ and i applied to rutgers-camden, seton hall, and nova. if all things were equal (in terms of cost, at least) i would choose nova. brand new building (amazing looking and super modern by the way), solid reputation, and close enough to home without having to be in the same old NJ rut.
Nova? Solid reputation? We are talking about Nova Southeastern Shepherd Broad, right? In FL Nova is below UF, FSU, Miami, and Stetson in that order more or less. Nova basically only places well in FL. And not even very well there, considering the competition. If you don't plan to be in the top of the class, law review, etc., don't go to Nova. It is not worth the money.

we're talking about villanova

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”