LAW SCHOOL ADMISSIONS = DATING Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xanderdellus

Bronze

Re: LAW SCHOOL ADMISSIONS = DATING

Post by xanderdellus » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:18 pm

I met this one really great looking Midwestern girl, but as I got to know her icey demeanor became real turn-off. So I am looking at a couple of Southern belles who aren't quite as good looking, but may make up for it with their sunny dispositions

knola002

Bronze

Post by knola002 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Couple of girls from LA called me up. One even said that she would pay me to go out with her, not the other way around like I was expecting. Still, I can't get over the way she rejected me all those years ago, leaving me to date her ugly sister for four years. I know I wasn't as attractive back then, but why couldn't she see the potential? Now I am tempted to turn her down rudely and run off with that girl from Boston. I know Boston girl won't be the same sort of sugar momma, but she tells me that she has lots of friends I can get good jobs with later. She's not warm like those girls from LA, but she's still one of the three sexiest women around.

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:38 pm

knola002 wrote:Couple of girls from LA called me up. One even said that she would pay me to go out with her, not the other way around like I was expecting. Still, I can't get over the way she rejected me all those years ago, leaving me to date her ugly sister for four years. I know I wasn't as attractive back then, but why couldn't she see the potential? Now I am tempted to turn her down rudely and run off with that girl from Boston. I know Boston girl won't be the same sort of sugar momma, but she tells me that she has lots of friends I can get good jobs with later. She's not warm like those girls from LA, but she's still one of the three sexiest women around.
i think you met Cambridge :P

narfkarta

Bronze

Post by narfkarta » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:12 pm

How was dating life for kids in this past cycle?

MeechiganBoy

New

Post by MeechiganBoy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:26 pm

And some of the girls just have a thing for black dudes.. (racist joke sorry just had to say it)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

itsfine

Bronze

Post by itsfine » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 pm

actually its just the nature of the words "accept" and "reject" that both dating and law school admissions have in common.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 pm

My prediction is that a lot of the chicks are gonna say that I'm obviously very bright but that I'm lazy and will probably not be able to support them and just leave a whore of a law school pregnant with unpaid debt.

bestusernameever

New

Post by bestusernameever » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 pm

sullidop wrote:Wow, never thought of it that way but you're totally on the money.
LOL i got a fee waiver from NYU. They followed up with a rejection four weeks later...

toolfan

Bronze

Post by toolfan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:20 am

You just show them your total package up front. If you're up to par with whom they've been with before, they'll open up to you. If you fall short, however, the doors close; unless, of course, you're famous or unique. Then they'll happily accept your package and open their doors to you.

I think law school admissions is much more like sex than dating, personally.
Last edited by toolfan on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Son of Cicero

Bronze

Post by Son of Cicero » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:24 pm

toolfan wrote:You just show them your total package up front. If you're up to par with whom they've been with before, they'll open up to you. If you fall short, however, the doors close; unless, of course, you're famous or unique. Then they'll happily accept your package and open their to doors to you.

I think law school admissions is much more like sex than dating, personally.
I'm pretty sure that only describes sex in the glory hole setting. Sadly, there is no glory to be found in law school ITE.

tikiman6

Bronze

Post by tikiman6 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:50 am

Oh yeah, I send test scores and grades to potential girls all the time, and try to get accepted, but am in a few waitlists right now and the last girl deferred me. My phone interview went okay. Oh wait, this metaphor sucks.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:48 am

tikiman6 wrote:Oh yeah, I send test scores and grades to potential girls all the time, and try to get accepted, but am in a few waitlists right now and the last girl deferred me. My phone interview went okay. Oh wait, this metaphor sucks.
Stick with it! You could have totally spun that into an AIDS-screening results joke.

narfkarta

Bronze

Post by narfkarta » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:45 pm

revival bump!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

username08

Bronze

Post by username08 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Whenever someone gets rejected, others tell him/her that "I'm sure you'll find someone better and forget about X."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”