Final App List: 2.97, 165 (vet, 3.7+ GPA @ DG university)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
the lantern

Final App List: 2.97, 165 (vet, 3.7+ GPA @ DG university)

Postby the lantern » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:07 pm

I have a 2.97 and a 165 LSAT (162 on my first take). I have a 3.7+ at my degree granting school, but I had a 2.4 at the first college I attended. I worked full time for a couple years, then went to my 2nd school, did well, and here I am. I would say I have average to above average softs (being a vet of the US Marines is the best part).

Here is my final application list. I would like to know if any of these schools are a complete waste of application money or if I have absolutely zero chance at any of them (or if you think of a school that I should add).

Case Western Reserve University School of Law (fee waiver)
University of Cincinnati College of Law (fee waiver)
University of Colorado Law School (fee waiver)
Emory University School of Law (fee waiver)
University of Georgia School of Law
The University of Iowa College of Law (fee waiver)
University of North Carolina School of Law
Notre Dame Law School
Ohio Northern University--Claude W. Pettit College of Law (fee waiver)
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
Tulane University Law School
University of Washington School of Law
Washington and Lee University School of Law (fee waiver)
Washington University School of Law (fee waiver)
William & Mary Law School (fee waiver)

sat_ops

Re: Final App List: 2.97, 165 (vet, 3.7+ GPA @ DG university)

Postby sat_ops » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 am

I was in a similar situation last year and applied to some of the same schools. I had a 3.0 GPA with a 159 LSAT, and I'm a fellow vet with a lot of good softs. I've included money offers and the admissions of friends where I can.
It should be noted that I waited to apply until mid-February, which likely hurt my chances.

Case Western-Admit ($7k/year unconditional)
Cincinnati-Wait List, then deny (admitted a friend with no softs but 3.6/159)
Ohio Northern-Admit ($24k/yr with 3.0, don't expect to keep it)
Ohio State-Deny (also denied friend mentioned above, admitted different friend with 3.5/163)

algren

Re: Final App List: 2.97, 165 (vet, 3.7+ GPA @ DG university)

Postby algren » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm a non-vet, but have been out of school for 5 years with decent softs. 3.0/164. I got into Ohio Northern with 28.5K offer this year (tuition is 30,648 this year, so pretty much a full ride). I haven't been given the renewal requirements yet; should come in the mail in the next couple of weeks.

Keeping above 3.0 in law school at ONU shouldn't be terribly hard so long as you work at it. A 165 indicates you're more than bright enough to do so (in my opinion). I wouldn't let that scare you off.

Return to “What are my chances?”