Wharton Undergrad - 3.13 GPA. LSATs needed for top 20?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Lawquacious

Re: Wharton Undergrad - 3.13 GPA. LSATs needed for top 20?

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Did anyone notice that the question was asked almost a year ago? (the thread got revived for some reason)

OP might already have feedback on what the results were (i.e. cycle over) and could shed light on which predictions were accurate?

Big Dog

Re: Wharton Undergrad - 3.13 GPA. LSATs needed for top 20?

Postby Big Dog » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Wharton does make a difference in admission, it is the most selective undergrad in the country

Not for those with xx chromosomes, its not. :P

jnorsky

Re: Wharton Undergrad - 3.13 GPA. LSATs (please read)

Postby jnorsky » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:41 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
sls wrote:I feel that these posts are not accurate by and large.

Try to do the best you can on the exam (Don't stress over trying to reach a particular number).

I went to Wharton undergrad (W'04 concentration in business and public policy). I also had a comparable G.P.A. to yours.

Wharton does make a difference in admission, it is the most selective undergrad in the country ( Yes, I know that the Harvard college and Cal Tech are also very comparable).

I can speak for the admission into elite law schools (Particularly the schools that are regarded as the top 6). You need a total package to merit considerations. Great recommendations and a compelling personal statement do go along way. Also, the extracurriculars at Wharton or second to none and you should emphasize them in your applications. Additionally, if you have any professional or other significant experiences between law school and Wharton, then highlight that in the application as well. Diversity should also be emphasized, if you are a diverse candidate.

I did score well on the exam (but LSAT considerations is more about percentile for you than raw score). Again, I do not recommend shooting for a particular score that would bar you from considering an elite law school.

I hope this was helpful.

If you ever want to visit Stanford please let me know and we can exchange information. I am in my last year and can share my observations.

You've confirmed what I've heard about Wharton kids. +1 for my not choosing Stanford.

The people I know at Wharton are much smarter and less annoying than the people I know at Harvard, Yale and Princeton. Stanford kids ive met and know are chill though, but they complain about people sucking there too. And if you want to do anything in business, i do not believe there is a better place to go in the country than Wharton.

ConMan345

Re: Wharton Undergrad - 3.13 GPA. LSATs (please read)

Postby ConMan345 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:33 pm

jnorsky wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
sls wrote:I feel that these posts are not accurate by and large.

Try to do the best you can on the exam (Don't stress over trying to reach a particular number).

I went to Wharton undergrad (W'04 concentration in business and public policy). I also had a comparable G.P.A. to yours.

Wharton does make a difference in admission, it is the most selective undergrad in the country ( Yes, I know that the Harvard college and Cal Tech are also very comparable).

I can speak for the admission into elite law schools (Particularly the schools that are regarded as the top 6). You need a total package to merit considerations. Great recommendations and a compelling personal statement do go along way. Also, the extracurriculars at Wharton or second to none and you should emphasize them in your applications. Additionally, if you have any professional or other significant experiences between law school and Wharton, then highlight that in the application as well. Diversity should also be emphasized, if you are a diverse candidate.

I did score well on the exam (but LSAT considerations is more about percentile for you than raw score). Again, I do not recommend shooting for a particular score that would bar you from considering an elite law school.

I hope this was helpful.

If you ever want to visit Stanford please let me know and we can exchange information. I am in my last year and can share my observations.

You've confirmed what I've heard about Wharton kids. +1 for my not choosing Stanford.

The people I know at Wharton are much smarter and less annoying than the people I know at Harvard, Yale and Princeton. Stanford kids ive met and know are chill though, but they complain about people sucking there too. And if you want to do anything in business, i do not believe there is a better place to go in the country than Wharton.

As a Stanford undergrad, I agree, people from Stanford are smarter and less annoying than people I know at Harvard, Yale and Princeton. They're also smarter and less annoying than the people I know from Wharton.

As for where you'd be better off if you want to do most things (I can't imagine anything) in business, perhaps Wharton is the place to go. But, based on my experience, that's a misplaced advantage.

Return to “What are my chances?”