How much do the facts behind the #'s matter?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LawschoolboundCO

New

How much do the facts behind the #'s matter?

Postby LawschoolboundCO » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:35 am

Hello, this is my 1st post here so apologies if I am doing this incorrectly. I look at the average acceptance for many of these top 10 schools and I was wondering if it was worth my time to apply with a 3.6 gpa and a 168 LSAT. I have my prior military service which I've heard can be a big advantage. Additionally, I was in a pre-med major and graduated with a Bachelors in Molecular and Cellular Biology so my GPA still ranked top 15 in my graduating major of ~300 despite it being relatively low. I had a 4.0 for the last 2.5 semesters after I had gotten my life together including some classes like Biochemistry and Organic Chem 1 and 2 so I've also heard that they do strongly consider how you finished up as opposed to how you started in college. This all sounds great on paper and I will have some stellar letters of recommendations, but I really believe that the low raw GPA and moderate LSAT score will drive me out of the top ten and that I will be denied before my application gets a second glance due to those two numbers and their importance. Do I really stand a chance to get into the top ten or so schools, or are these numbers just too low to overcome?

The Lsat Airbender

Bronze

Re: How much do the facts behind the #'s matter?

Postby The Lsat Airbender » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Your GPA isn't that low. Just retake the LSAT for a couple more points instead of hand-wringing about the "top ten" and you're gucci.

Return to “What are my chances??