What LSAT would I need for a full scholarship to:

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawlawlawlawlaw1

New

What LSAT would I need for a full scholarship to:

Postby lawlawlawlawlaw1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:18 am

LMU (Los Angeles) Evening Program
Southwestern Evening Program

3.75 GPA from T20
MBA T15
3 Years Investment Banking / Private Equity experience

cavalier1138

Platinum

Re: What LSAT would I need for a full scholarship to:

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:48 am

Probably not a very high one.

The better question is what you plan on doing with a JD from LMU, much less Southwestern.

QContinuum

Postby QContinuum » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:19 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Probably not a very high one.

The better question is what you plan on doing with a JD from LMU, much less Southwestern.

OP also appears to intend to work full-time during law school, which is generally a terrible decision.

decimalsanddollars

New

Postby decimalsanddollars » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Setting aside the skepticism others have already expressed regarding why you'd want either program (which is valid), I crunched the numbers:

I looked at the ABA Standard 509 disclosure sheets for these schools for the past few years. Looks like about 4-5% of LMU part-time students have a "more than full tuition" scholarship package, and you're somewhat above 75%ile for GPA (theirs is 3.68 for part-time). About 3% of part-timers at Southwestern have a scholarship that is full tuition or more, and you're way above their 75%ile for GPA (3.29 p-t).

LMU p-t has a 75%ile LSAT of 163. My guess is that you're in play for those 4-5% "more than full tuition" scholarships with an LSAT at or above 163. As for SW, their p-t 75%ile LSAT is 155. I imagine that, despite a smaller proportion of matriculants getting FT+ scholarships, a 156 or higher would put you in decent position for that (given your UGPA and background).

I'd think hard about whether to take either of these deals regardless, but it looks like a score in the mid-160s would give you a good chance at the LMU full ride, and a score in the high 150s would work for SW.

1000xEBITDA

New

Postby 1000xEBITDA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:32 pm

@lawlawlawlawlaw1 - could you please PM me? I have worked in banking and megafund PE and am now considering jd mba. Would love to hear your thoughts / motivations for getting the JD on a part-time basis while you work.

Return to “What are my chances??