Chances @ Berkeley/Top 15 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
plzletmeinberkeley

New

Chances @ Berkeley/Top 15

Post by plzletmeinberkeley » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:51 am

Hi,

Looking to see where y'all think my chances lay to get into the likes of Berkeley, UCLA, Cornell, and similar schools.

- My LSAC GPA: 3.65
- My UG GPA: 3.81 (Will add addendum explaining)
- LSAT: 166 (Got 160 first time)
- Very strong softs: Interned in US Congress, Fulbright recipient for english teaching assistantship, completed UCLA law fellows program, heavy political involvement in undergrad, strong letters of rec, two years out of undergrad
- Not a URM, but diverse candidate, will reflect in my personal statement

First time posting, apologies if not posted according to regular format or whatever

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Re: Chances @ Berkeley/Top 15

Post by LBJ's Hair » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:46 pm

You'd really benefit from a retake, i.e. hitting 170.

Your GPA (LSAC is what counts) and LSAT are below median for the entire T14, your softs aren't particularly strong (a teaching Fulbright is cool but not the Fulbright that blows away a law school admissions officer), and you're not going to get the URM bump.

You might get an acceptance or two, but it's not gonna be with meaningful aid. A 170 could put you in the admissions hunt from say, the T10 on down, and give you a shot at decent scholarships as well, particularly for a UCLA/UT/etc.
Last edited by LBJ's Hair on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Chances @ Berkeley/Top 15

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:50 pm

You need to retake the LSAT if you want any T13 schools to be in play.

Return to “What are my chances?”