Chance for a splitter applicant with WE Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
silvio2020

New

Chance for a splitter applicant with WE

Post by silvio2020 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:46 am

Hey,

I would appreciate if you can provide some inputs.

UG: BA in Finance 2.3/4.0
Grad: MA in International Affairs (Since gpa from a grad school seems negligible, i skip this part)
LSAT: 175

WE:
2 yrs military, 3 yrs corporate (finance) before the grad school.
2 yrs embassy (specializing in economic issues)
All analyst positions.

I am interested in international trade law (probably specialize in international law as schools aren't tailored to "trade"). economic sanctions, trade issue, etc.

Schools considering to apply:
All T-14 minus top 6 and Berkeley
UT
UCLA
WUTSL
GW
American

Let me know if there are other schools that I should consider applying.

dknightisyoung

New

Re: Chance for a splitter applicant with WE

Post by dknightisyoung » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:59 am

Your stats are pretty extreme and therefore your cycle will be very unpredictable. I know adcoms love military/finance people and with your 175, I think you definitely pass a threshold and people would be willing to give you a chance. I would blanket the entire T14 because the really top schools often have a little wiggle room to absorb a hit from a lower GPA. Who knows, a school like Penn might bite. Your personal statement will matter a lot more in this case so I suggest paying close attention to that. Also it's a bit late in the cycle applying now, but if you send your apps within the next few days you still have a decent shot. Good luck

silvio2020

New

Re: Chance for a splitter applicant with WE

Post by silvio2020 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Thank you for your feedback. I skipped the 2018 cycle and plan to apply for a coming cycle in 2019.

Return to “What are my chances?”