3.9 and 151....What are my odds? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
WyoGunMan

New

3.9 and 151....What are my odds?

Post by WyoGunMan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 pm

Applying to Wyoming, Mitchell Hamline (Hybrid), and Dayton (Hybrid). I’ve got some good softs: Masters degree, congressional award, and 11 year Air Force Pilot.

dknightisyoung

New

Re: 3.9 and 151....What are my odds?

Post by dknightisyoung » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:06 am

First advice is retake with some sort of outside tutoring (I say this because your GPA is great and you can get into a top school with a 169+ LSAT which is just 2 months of moderate studying, or 1 month of intense studying). If not, then I think you being in the airforce is a huge plus and shouldn't be a problem if you're in the range of the schools you're applying to.

Bingo_Bongo

Bronze

Post by Bingo_Bongo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 am

Odds are good, just looking at your GPA and LSAT, but why would you be gunning for those third-tier and unranked schools? With a GPA like yours, and your impressive softs, you could realistically be gunning for top schools if you were to spend a few months actually studying for the LSAT. I'd recommend you to retake. You could probably easily get up to 165+ if you just put in some time to study.

And softs don't typically help you out as much a third-tier schools/unranked schools. They're almost all GPA and LSAT. Where softs come in is at the highest ranked schools where everyone has a 175 LSAT score and 4.0, and the school's essentially just looking for cool people with those qualifications.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:00 am

Bingo_Bongo wrote:why would you be gunning for those third-tier and unranked schools?
I am also curious about this.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Bingo_Bongo wrote:why would you be gunning for those third-tier and unranked schools?
I am also curious about this.
I’m assuming that is because they are all near Air Force bases and OP being an Air Force pilot is limited in location. Just a guess.

OP - I’m reluctant to advise you without knowing more about your situation. Why do you want to go to law school? Do you know what kind of law you want to practice? Do you know where you want to live? Will a law degree benefit you in your current career (which I know nothing about?)

Edit to add - sorry you didn’t get a response sooner. Hope you are still around to answer our questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”