Chances at South Carolina

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Reg25

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Chances at South Carolina

Postby Reg25 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:26 pm

I would like to attend law school at South Carolina as it is the only public law school in my state. I am a little concerned about my chances of admission but I’d like to know what the community here thinks. I have a 3.3 Gpa with an upward grade trend (the last 3 semesters have been 3.48, 3.57, and 3.51) and a 153 lsat score.

This is their entering class profile:

3.65/157 — 75th percentile UGPA & LSAT
3.41/155 — Median UGPA and LSAT
3.19/153 — 25th percentile UGPA & LSAT

QContinuum

Moderator
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 am

Re: Chances at South Carolina

Postby QContinuum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Are you an underrepresented minority for law school admissions purposes? That is, are you African-American, Mexican-American, Puerto Rican, or Native American?

If not, you aren't in the best position. Your GPA is below their median, and your LSAT is at their 25%. Generally, you want to have both your GPA and LSAT above the median, and failing that, if either your GPA or LSAT is below median, you want the other one to be at or above their 75% to compensate (making you a "splitter" in TLS parlance).

A 155 LSAT is really rather low and should be improvable with study. What are your goals out of law school?



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests