Super Splitter 2.9x GPA 174 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bananasplitters

New

Super Splitter 2.9x GPA 174 LSAT

Post by bananasplitters » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:23 am

State school STEM degree with mediocre softs.

Basically failed out a semester of coursework due to getting really sick (couldn't get grades voided unfortunately) otherwise GPA would look a lot better.

Looking at UVa/Northwestern ED. Is there any chance there? Money isn't a huge concern.

New

Re: Super Splitter 2.9x GPA 174 LSAT

Post by 5571 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Definitely write a GPA addendum. ED (especially at UVA, which is both relatively splitter friendly and gives a big ED boost) is probably your best chance at T14, and I've definitely seen stranger acceptances, so if money isn't an issue let it fly and see what happens

QContinuum

Re: Super Splitter 2.9x GPA 174 LSAT

Post by QContinuum » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Super splitters with your stats are relatively rare, so there isn't much data on MyLSN to draw on, unfortunately. But I think you definitely have a shot at a T13 acceptance, between your 174 and your valid explanation for your 2.9x GPA (definitely write an addendum, as 5571 recommends).

Give UVA or NW ED a shot, as I believe both give a significant ED boost. If you don't get in ED, blanket the T13 starting at CCN and down*. Splitters tend to have unpredictable cycles, so I wouldn't recommend trying to economize on application fees.

*I wouldn't waste money/effort applying to Y/S, which you're unlikely to get into given your lack of strong softs. You can decide whether you think it's worth taking a shot at H - my gut says you're unlikely to get in, because your LSAT's actually below Harvard's 75% so won't help you too much w.r.t. your GPA.
5571 wrote:Definitely write a GPA addendum. ED (especially at UVA, which is both relatively splitter friendly and gives a big ED boost) is probably your best chance at T14, and I've definitely seen stranger acceptances, so if money isn't an issue let it fly and see what happens

Return to “What are my chances?”