3.32/169 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dybbuk

New

3.32/169

Post by Dybbuk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:19 pm

I sat out a year and almost got the 170+ I was testing out. If at all possible I really don't want to retake. So what are my chances at the 20-10 range? Specifically Midwestern schools like Michigan, Northwestern, WashU, and Vanderbilt. Texas, Georgetown and Cornell are others I'm considering.

Michigan is my top choice and I plan to make that clear to them, but I would also go for WashU since I'm from Missouri anyway and would be fine working here or in Chicago.

Softs are being LGBT, first gen, and having worked several years at a non-profit that assists people with disabilities.

albanach

Gold

Re: 3.32/169

Post by albanach » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 am

Dybbuk wrote:I sat out a year and almost got the 170+ I was testing out. If at all possible I really don't want to retake. So what are my chances at the 20-10 range? Specifically Midwestern schools like Michigan, Northwestern, WashU, and Vanderbilt. Texas, Georgetown and Cornell are others I'm considering.
What are your goals? How debt averse are you? Have you taken the time to search on mylsn.info ?

bobloblawlawblogr

New

Post by bobloblawlawblogr » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 pm

Dybbuk wrote:I sat out a year and almost got the 170+ I was testing out. If at all possible I really don't want to retake. So what are my chances at the 20-10 range? Specifically Midwestern schools like Michigan, Northwestern, WashU, and Vanderbilt. Texas, Georgetown and Cornell are others I'm considering.

Michigan is my top choice and I plan to make that clear to them, but I would also go for WashU since I'm from Missouri anyway and would be fine working here or in Chicago.

Softs are being LGBT, first gen, and having worked several years at a non-profit that assists people with disabilities.
While our background is a bit different, my stats were identical to yours just a couple of years ago. I was in at UM, NW, Vandy... I ended up at another T10 based on the one which gave me the most money and career goals. Applied to Texas and georgetown, but I declined their follow up requests (since I was in at places I would take instead) and was rejected and waitlisted. You should be fine, definitely write a diversity statement and get your docs in as early as possible.

bobloblawlawblogr

New

While our background is a bit different, my stats were identical to yours just a couple of years ago. I was in at UM, NW, Vandy... I ended up at another T10 based on the one which gave me the most money and career goals. Applied to Texas and georgetown, but I declined their follow up requests (since I was in at places I would take instead) and was rejected and waitlisted. You should be fine, definitely write a diversity statement and get your docs in as early as possible.

bobloblawlawblogr

New

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”