[160-165], [3.7-3.9] ~ Georgetown Evening Program? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lillyc

New

[160-165], [3.7-3.9] ~ Georgetown Evening Program?

Post by lillyc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Just got my scores back. Received a [160-165], had been averaging this in my practice tests but have hit 170 a few times before so will probably retake. However, I have received a job offer in DC and wanted to know if with my current score/GPA I have a shot at the evening program so I can start law school while I work?

Softs are: [Average].
Also, I have interned at the State Department and that is where I have the job offer.

Also, any pros/cons to the evening program that would be better/worse than the full time program? Any advice is welcome. If I don't pursue this I would retake and aim to go fulltime at Georgetown, UVA, or UPenn. If I can get in, would it be smart to start evening and save money, but then apply to move into the full time program?

I have a preference to stay around DC or Philly!
Last edited by QContinuum on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted at poster's request.

QContinuum

Re: 164, 3.8 ~ Georgetown Evening Program?

Post by QContinuum » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 pm

MyLSN is your friend. Here are your current odds, perhaps slightly higher than shown for Gtown's evening program:

So, your odds aren't great. Here are your odds if you hit 170:

It's a huge difference, both for odds of admission and for merit aid. I'd definitely recommend retaking in your shoes. You'd be "wasting" your 3.8 GPA on a 164 LSAT, esp. since you know you can do better.

Also, what job are you considering taking? In general, I strongly recommend attending school full-time to maximize your 1L grades (and thus your future legal job opportunities). Juggling work and law school - especially a full-time day job and night school - is brutal.

mmac

New

Re: 164, 3.8 ~ Georgetown Evening Program?

Post by mmac » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 am

With your job, the Georgetown evening program is a great idea. I think you are competitive with current stats.

Return to “What are my chances?”