3.5/173 - thoughts welcome! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
goblue8412

New

3.5/173 - thoughts welcome!

Post by goblue8412 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi All,

I'm wondering what schools are sensible to target when applying to law schools this cycle. I have a 173 LSAT, and a 3.5 GPA, as well as 3 years work experience (in Finance, nothing unique). I believe my recs will be fall into the 'Normal' category.
Am I setting myself up for failure by focusing on the T-14 excluding HYS?

Thanks!

albanach

Gold

Re: 3.5/173 - thoughts welcome!

Post by albanach » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

goblue8412 wrote:Hi All,

I'm wondering what schools are sensible to target when applying to law schools this cycle. I have a 173 LSAT, and a 3.5 GPA, as well as 3 years work experience (in Finance, nothing unique). I believe my recs will be fall into the 'Normal' category.
Am I setting myself up for failure by focusing on the T-14 excluding HYS?

Thanks!
Unsure if this is a humblebrag, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and do your homework.

Yes you should target the rest of the T-14. Unless you have a fee waiver from Chicago or are deeply set on trying to go there, you might want to skip it. Given those 50ish percent acceptance rates, I'd be applying broadly and hoping for money from one to use as leverage. Also click the link above to see that you have a very strong likelihood of acceptance to some of the schools just outside the T-14 with real money. Could be worthwhile applying to everywhere from 5-20 just to maximize options.

Return to “What are my chances?”