3.62 GPA 163 LSAT retaking in Sept Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jayled

New

3.62 GPA 163 LSAT retaking in Sept

Post by jayled » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi! I'm trying to figure out not only my chances of getting in, but I'm also looking for advice on how to choose between schools. This is my first time on this forum so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place.

I have a 3.62 gpa, BA in political science, and I got a 163 on the June LSAT. I've been PT-ing around 167 consistently (between 166 and 169) so I'm going to retake in September. My top choice school would be UW because I want to live and work in the Seattle area. I grew up 20mins from Seattle and attended undergrad in-state at WWU.
My two questions are:
1) What are my chances of getting into UW? I am .06 below their median gpa, and I'm spot on their median LSAT at 163.
2) If I don't get in to UW, am I better off going to Seattle U or a better ranked school out of Seattle? (talking top 40 or 50, I'm no where near T14 or even T20 stats)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

mmac

New

Re: 3.62 GPA 163 LSAT retaking in Sept

Post by mmac » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:28 am

Getting the LSAT up will be key, as a 167 would take you from a 25% chance at Washington to 70% (according to Law School Number's very small sample sizes): http://mylsn.info/yfpkbq/. Perhaps some people from that area can weigh in on school choice. Be sure to check out the Law School Transparency numbers for each school for employment and debt statistics.

Return to “What are my chances?”