2.52 GPA 158 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ehurley2

New

2.52 GPA 158 LSAT

Post by Ehurley2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Simply enough, my LSAT is alright but my GPA sucks ass, not gonna write a long novel full of excuses lol. I live in Nebraska and I'm applying to Lincoln and Creighton. I know they aren't the best schools but I plan on living and working close to home anyway.. Do you guys think I have a chance? Thanks!

DerKatze

New

Re: 2.52 GPA 158 LSAT

Post by DerKatze » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 pm

How much did you study for the LSAT? Do you think you could improve at all? Did you get every question right on the logic games section? I don't know which law schools in Nebraska are the best, but it seems like Lincoln is far superior to Creighton. Looking at their 509 disclosures, Lincoln also gives way more scholarships--and they don't give any conditional scholarships, which Creighton does. Your LSAT is at the 75th percentile for Lincoln and above the 75th percentile for Creighton, so you'll probably at least get into Creighton. That said, if you can raise your LSAT even a couple of points, there's a chance you would get substantial scholarship money from Lincoln.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:39 pm

You probably have a chance at both schools....but I'd recommend that you not go to Creighton. I think for someone who currently lives in Nebraska and wants to stay there, Lincoln makes sense given that it has fairly reasonable in-state tuition as long as you also manage your expectations and understand that you're likely to be making somewhere in the range of $40k-$60k at graduation. That said...it would probably be in your best interest to retake the LSAT because, with an increased score, (a) you will help you chances of getting into Lincoln and (b) you might get some scholarship money. Given how low Nebraska's in-state tuition is, if you could get even a fairly modest scholarship you'd be looking at a fairly manageable debt load at graduation.

Ehurley2

New

Post by Ehurley2 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks for the advice!

Ehurley2

New

Post by Ehurley2 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:42 pm

DerKatze wrote:How much did you study for the LSAT? Do you think you could improve at all? Did you get every question right on the logic games section? I don't know which law schools in Nebraska are the best, but it seems like Lincoln is far superior to Creighton. Looking at their 509 disclosures, Lincoln also gives way more scholarships--and they don't give any conditional scholarships, which Creighton does. Your LSAT is at the 75th percentile for Lincoln and above the 75th percentile for Creighton, so you'll probably at least get into Creighton. That said, if you can raise your LSAT even a couple of points, there's a chance you would get substantial scholarship money from Lincoln.
I studied for 2 months while working full time. I can improve, I usually get like -4/-5 on the games, and I know on the real test I missed more because I misread a rule. Lincoln is my top choice as well, thanks for the advise!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”