Boston College with 160 LSAT 3.1 GPA and super softs

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jedacruz777

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:31 am

Boston College with 160 LSAT 3.1 GPA and super softs

Postby jedacruz777 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:41 pm

So, I applied to various JD/MSW programs in hopes that I'd get into both at a school I liked. For the record, you have to be independently accepted into both programs to qualify. Boston College School of Social Work made me an excellent offer with only three weeks to confirm or deny. I accepted and am currently awaiting a response from BC Law.

I have a 160 LSAT, a 3.1 GPA (near 4.0 in upper level--i wrote an addendum about my academic improvement) and super softs (two years in an international service program in Nicaragua working with people with disabilities, fluent in Spanish, work at a cooperative in Spain. I'm worried because I'm really only applying to BC now because of the way things worked out. If I don't get in I will take the LSAT again and apply during my first year in the MSW. What are my chances?

sparkytrainer

Silver
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:32 am

Re: Boston College with 160 LSAT 3.1 GPA and super softs

Postby sparkytrainer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Your softs aren’t even close to being strong. They are meh at best. With your scores, likely waitlist at BC. Even if you get in, you aren’t getting any scholarship.

You need to retake and recognize most applicants actually have similar or better softs

jedacruz777

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:31 am

Re: Boston College with 160 LSAT 3.1 GPA and super softs

Postby jedacruz777 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:19 am

sparkytrainer wrote:Your softs aren’t even close to being strong. They are meh at best. With your scores, likely waitlist at BC. Even if you get in, you aren’t getting any scholarship.

You need to retake and recognize most applicants actually have similar or better softs


I hear you that you think I should retake, but I think you're underestimating my softs. The average age of BC enrollees is 24. You're trying to tell me that most of those 24 year olds served in the Peace Corps or a similar program? That seems unlikely.

sparkytrainer

Silver
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:32 am

Re: Boston College with 160 LSAT 3.1 GPA and super softs

Postby sparkytrainer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:46 am

jedacruz777 wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:Your softs aren’t even close to being strong. They are meh at best. With your scores, likely waitlist at BC. Even if you get in, you aren’t getting any scholarship.

You need to retake and recognize most applicants actually have similar or better softs


I hear you that you think I should retake, but I think you're underestimating my softs. The average age of BC enrollees is 24. You're trying to tell me that most of those 24 year olds served in the Peace Corps or a similar program? That seems unlikely.


Good luck with that thinking. I was just giving you the facts, but its up to you whether or not you want to believe them.

gaddockteeg

Bronze
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Boston College with 160 LSAT 3.1 GPA and super softs

Postby gaddockteeg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
jedacruz777 wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:Your softs aren’t even close to being strong. They are meh at best. With your scores, likely waitlist at BC. Even if you get in, you aren’t getting any scholarship.

You need to retake and recognize most applicants actually have similar or better softs


I hear you that you think I should retake, but I think you're underestimating my softs. The average age of BC enrollees is 24. You're trying to tell me that most of those 24 year olds served in the Peace Corps or a similar program? That seems unlikely.


Good luck with that thinking. I was just giving you the facts, but its up to you whether or not you want to believe them.


+1.

OP, what do you think other 24 year olds are doing? They are working too, teach for america, maybe military, or NCAA athletes.

What's more impressive? Peace Corp for 2 years or Teach for America for 2 years or working as an analyst/consultant/sales for 2 years or doing research for a professor for 2 years? I'd venture that they're all pretty much the same man. It's hard to have stand-out softs dude.

edit: to answer your actual question though, I think you'll get WL-ed. If you then write a LOCI and show some love, I think you'll get in.



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests