4.13/165 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Innocent13

New

4.13/165

Post by Innocent13 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:38 pm

I already ran law school numbers software, but am looking for more "qualitative" data in addition to its output. Additionally, since it has you put a range it (or I did it wrong) I wasn't sure how accurate the results are, I put in 160-165 for LSAT and 4.0-4.15 for GPA.

I am hoping for a close to full ride to a Top 50, even 60. I would love to stay in the midwest area and am naturally drawn to Big 10 schools as I went to undergrad at one and loved it. Right now I am planning on pursuing tax law, but have recently been affected by changes to DACA and thus have gotten extremely involved in Define American so I am open to other types of law that may be in this area.

Not that law schools care about the additional fluff but incase it's helpful:
I will be one year out of college when I apply. I have internship experience at two Big Fours and will have my CPA exams done, but will not have the license since you must work in public accounting for two years to obtain it.

What do you think my chances are at admission and a decent scholarship to the following? Additionally, are there other schools you would consider in this same area that would still allow me for a good chance of admittance and a scholarship

Schools I am considering include, but are not limited to:
University of Nebraska
University of Illinois
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Indiana
Minnesota
Iowa

I know I will not be applying to these schools until next cycle but I would like to know which ones I am aiming for so I can make visits to their campuses and if necessary retake the LSAT (currently signed up for June 2018).

InGoodFaith

New

Re: 4.13/165

Post by InGoodFaith » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Retake

Innocent13

New

Post by Innocent13 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:50 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Retake
I am signed up to retake. In your opinion, what score should I be aiming for one the retake to see $$$ from these schools? I was leaning toward a 165 being solid for the bottom half of these schools, but frankly, I haven't done a ton of research. Thoughts? From PTing the top of my range is a 172, so if lucky I could maybe pull a 167?

LSstudent

New

Post by LSstudent » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:26 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:If you got a 172 you'd have a full ride to Harvard
This is objectively false.
First, you should 100% retake, and retake seriously so you get your score above 170. You'll have full ride options below CCN with that.

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Post by Mr. Archer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:39 pm

With your GPA, you shouldn't focus much on schools right now. Just focus on the retake and then reassess. If you really want a Big 10 school, then you can do what makes you happy. But you need to realize that law school and undergrad are different animals. You definitely have the potential to go to better schools with money if you increase your LSAT score, and you need to think about what school gives you the best advantage for what you want to do. If you have URM status, this also changes the admittance/scholarship equation. In any case, you actually have an undergrad degree that allows you to make a good living, so there's no rush for law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Graybrow

New

Post by Graybrow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Harvard doesn't give full rides. What's with the shitposters on this site lately?

Innocent13

New

Post by Innocent13 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 pm

LSstudent wrote:
You'll have full ride options below CCN with that.
Is there anything you would suggest doing to push that score up five more points? And if I don't get it (since its a fairly high percentile), what would be my next best option? If I branched out to the top 70 would I be able to get a full ride to at least ONE of them in the midwest? I would be above the 75% percentile for grades and LSAT score for most of them at that point (or at least I would think).

LSstudent

New

Post by LSstudent » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Innocent13 wrote:
LSstudent wrote:
You'll have full ride options below CCN with that.
Is there anything you would suggest doing to push that score up five more points? And if I don't get it (since its a fairly high percentile), what would be my next best option? If I branched out to the top 70 would I be able to get a full ride to at least ONE of them in the midwest? I would be above the 75% percentile for grades and LSAT score for most of them at that point (or at least I would think).
I was in an extremely similar situation to you (GPA was just slightly below, first LSAT just slightly above) and I retook and it was the best decision. Assuming that you've done all of the learning you can do for the LSAT already for your first go (e.g., mastered how to do LG), then just focus the next couple months or whatever you've got on doing PTs over and over and over again. If you have not mastered LG or the other sections, then go back and make sure there are no problems that you don't know how to approach.

You should definitely be able to raise your score either by the June exam or September. Even if you don't, I suggest you apply to the T13 before the end of October. Assuming you know how to put an application together (I'm assuming since GPA = 4.15), you will get several acceptances. In case you really really want to go to a Big 10, you can go to Michigan, but think about employment prospects, COA, for other schools, too. Forget about your Top 70 or whatever - those schools aren't for you (or anyone, really).

cuzzydunlop

New

Post by cuzzydunlop » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 pm

your chances are whatever MyLSN says they are. very few people actually outperform their numbers and there's nothing you've mentioned that would indicate you are in a position to outperform your numbers (interning at a Big 4 and passing the CPA don't separate you from the pack, many if not most law school applicants will have similarly rated soft factors).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”