Splitter chances at T-14 this cycle? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
fyodorpavlovitch

New

Splitter chances at T-14 this cycle?

Post by fyodorpavlovitch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 am

Hey guys,

I got waitlisted by GW today, so I'm kind of psyched out and confused. I submitted my applications in mid-November (3.4/175), and though I have some good acceptances (full ride at WUSTL, in at GTown), I'm really hoping to be in NYC for personal reasons. I checked MyLSN and the data seems to suggest that I have good chances at both NYU and Columbia, but the sample sizes are really small. I also haven't heard back from any of the other T-14 schools I applied to. Should I be getting nervous?

covfefe

New

Re: Splitter chances at T-14 this cycle?

Post by covfefe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 am

fyodorpavlovitch wrote:Hey guys,

I got waitlisted by GW today, so I'm kind of psyched out and confused. I submitted my applications in mid-November (3.4/175), and though I have some good acceptances (full ride at WUSTL, in at GTown), I'm really hoping to be in NYC for personal reasons. I checked MyLSN and the data seems to suggest that I have good chances at both NYU and Columbia, but the sample sizes are really small. I also haven't heard back from any of the other T-14 schools I applied to. Should I be getting nervous?
I'm not an adcom or anything, but nah, I think you have good reason to keep your cool and just wait the cycle out. My understanding is that, for splitters, it can be one hell of a wild ride - you can get rejected/waitlisted by schools that you feel like you should've been in no problem, and then get in at schools where you thought you had no chance. A lot of it depends on what that school needs. It's also totally possible GW is trying to yield protect against you and would let you in off the waitlist with a LOCI (with those other two acceptances though, I imagine you aren't super interested anyway, so maybe this was a successful yield protect for GW? :wink: ).

Either way, I've been told splitters can usually expect to wait, especially this cycle where apps (and 170+ LSAT scores) are up.

My optimism is probs a little biased though, cause I"m in the same boat - splitter with similar stats, hoping for NYU or Columbia. 100% rooting for you! :)

StephArizona

New

Post by StephArizona » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:29 am

If there wasn't a "Why GW" it could also just be a yield protect decision as well.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:42 am

This was almost definitely YP. Just relax and wait.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”