. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Last edited by tuna_wasabi on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

albanach

Gold

Re: Too late to apply to H/S? 4.1/174/non-URM

Post by albanach » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:37 pm

tuna_wasabi wrote:Stats: 4.1/174
Softs: Good, but certainly not Nobel-level
International

Is applying now a waste of time? Got my LSAT back in September, but didn't apply until much farther along the cycle due to personal circumstances (but nothing noteworthy that it can be included in an addendum).
Both schools are need based aid only, yes? So there's nothing negative about applying now. However, I'd check the last eligibility dates to apply for need based aid, since missing that deadline could still leave you paying sticker.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 pm

tuna_wasabi wrote:Stats: 4.1/174
Softs: Good, but certainly not Nobel-level
International

Is applying now a waste of time? Got my LSAT back in September, but didn't apply until much farther along the cycle due to personal circumstances (but nothing noteworthy that it can be included in an addendum).
No, not to late. Disregard comment on need-based aid. Almost all schools make provisions for students admitted after the deadline has passed (e.g., give you 2-3 weeks after admitted to complete the aid app.)

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm

I'd apply everywhere you want to go. Your stats are really never late.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Last edited by tuna_wasabi on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm

tuna_wasabi wrote:Thanks for the encouraging reply, all! Do you think a Why-X essay will be helpful for H/S?

I have some specific professors whom I'd love to study under.
No. Harvard and Stanford know why you want to work there. It's not advantageous. Why essays are good for convincing schools that you will really attend if you have too high of numbers for them, which is important for MVP. Your numbers are quite good, but they're not too high for HS. But you should also apply YLS. Tons of people apply this late every year and get in. If your softs are as good as you say they are, you've got as good a shot as just about anyone.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks! I understand that my numbers are not too high for H/S. Wish they were though :D If I have to draw a comparison, the Why-X essays I was thinking of are more like LOCIs--minus the wait-list status, for now. Since my apps are rather late, I feel like I have to do something else to make up for it.

I'm hoping to apply to YLS too. It's just that H/S have rolling admissions, and YLS says it doesn't.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”