rmvd

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
onvinyl

rmvd

Postby onvinyl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:00 pm

rmvd
Last edited by onvinyl on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barack O'Drama

Re: AA 3.2 173 LSAT C&F Issues

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:27 pm

"A few alcohol-related discipline actions, and was caught with a fake ID."

What exactly were the "few" alcohol-related incidents? DUI or like a minor in possession?

The fact you have not 1 or 2, but a few won't look great, but it won't keep you out of the T6.

As someone who has had my fair share of alcohol-related incidents, having a few makes it seem like you may have a problem. It only took me getting in trouble once to wake up and stop fucking around.

You might find it advantageous to look into a reputable admissions consulting firm to help you craft an addendum, though.

You have an amazing LSAT score that probably <20 AA males applying have. You're going to do just fine if you stay out of trouble!

onvinyl

rmvd

Postby onvinyl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:34 pm

rmvd
Last edited by onvinyl on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barack O'Drama

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:37 pm

onvinyl wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:"A few alcohol-related discipline actions, and was caught with a fake ID."

What exactly were the "few" alcohol-related incidents? DUI or like a minor in possession?

!

Like drinking in my dorm room/playing beer pong. Nothing criminal.

You're good money, brother. Still, look into professional help with crafting addendum. 7sage has great prices and does good work.

Anon-e-miss

Postby Anon-e-miss » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:"A few alcohol-related discipline actions, and was caught with a fake ID."

The fact you have not 1 or 2, but a few won't look great, but it won't keep you out of the T6.

As someone who has had my fair share of alcohol-related incidents, having a few makes it seem like you may have a problem. It only took me getting in trouble once to wake up and stop fucking around.

You might find it advantageous to look into a reputable admissions consulting firm to help you craft an addendum, though.

You have an amazing LSAT score that probably <20 AA males applying have. You're going to do just fine if you stay out of trouble!

It sounds like the actions were less serious than a DUI-type incident given that OP said that no criminal charges were filed.
That being said, we need a bit more information to understand the scope and gravity of these incidents. If there were indeed no criminal charges filed for any of these incidents, then being suspended from your school is probably the biggest red flag here.
Please give us a bit more info so we can give you better advice.
O'Drama is correct that you will need to write a strong addendum that shows how you accepted responsibility for this pattern of poor decision-making and matured as a result WITHOUT minimizing, downplaying, or making excuses for your past behavior.
I'm not sure that you need to hire a consultant to help with the addendum, but again, that is slightly dependent on the nature of these offenses.

Please stay out of trouble going forward because you have a fantastic LSAT and a decent enough GPA that you should have fantastic options if you can properly navigate this C&F issue

ETA: Okay, so the charges themselves are not that bad. However, being suspended from your school could be an issue (not 100% sure how severe it is - I'll defer to more experienced posters here) that you will need to cogently address.

Return to “What are my chances?”