Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JS2hopeful

New

Postby JS2hopeful » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Last edited by JS2hopeful on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Re: Please advise: 170 3.9x URM at Top 6

Postby OakBrook2021 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:06 pm

I'd say you probably have as good a shot as possible for CCN and a good shot for H. YS are blackboxes so I have no clue what your chances are, but I'd guess you have a decent shot. Don't discount a lower ranked school with $$$$ though; I have similar numbers and am Latino (non MA/PR), and I received a full ride to a T13 which I'll likely accept

JS2hopeful

New

Postby JS2hopeful » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:11 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:I'd say you probably have as good a shot as possible for CCN and a good shot for H. YS are blackboxes so I have no clue what your chances are, but I'd guess you have a decent shot. Don't discount a lower ranked school with $$$$ though; I have similar numbers and am Latino (non MA/PR), and I received a full ride to a T13 which I'll likely accept

Thanks for the response and CONGRATULATIONS! I am certainly not discounting the rest of the t13 at all, I just felt more comfortable with gauging my chances at the rest. Would you mind saying your stats? A full-ride anywhere in the t13 would be an awesome outcome for me.

urmlaw17

Bronze

Postby urmlaw17 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:16 pm

JS2hopeful wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:I'd say you probably have as good a shot as possible for CCN and a good shot for H. YS are blackboxes so I have no clue what your chances are, but I'd guess you have a decent shot. Don't discount a lower ranked school with $$$$ though; I have similar numbers and am Latino (non MA/PR), and I received a full ride to a T13 which I'll likely accept

Thanks for the response and CONGRATULATIONS! I am certainly not discounting the rest of the t13 at all, I just felt more comfortable with gauging my chances at the rest. Would you mind saying your stats? A full-ride anywhere in the t13 would be an awesome outcome for me.[/quote]

Your chances will be higher because you are URM.

Return to “What are my chances??