Deleted post Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
caffeinatedvirgo

New

Deleted post

Post by caffeinatedvirgo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:46 pm

x
Last edited by caffeinatedvirgo on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: New here. 168/3.79

Post by UVA2B » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Why the bizarre list of schools? You're pretty obviously from Southern California, but this is still a weird list.

What do you want out of your law degree?

You're likely to get in to all of the schools you applied to minus Berkeley (they're unpredictable and GPA-centric a bit) and Stanford (which you already know). But depending what you want out of this degree, the list of schools you applied to could've been much more effective in balancing cost and goals.

da.goat

New

Post by da.goat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 pm

if you're willing to live in Ithaca, you should be willing to live in Ann Arbor/Philly/Charlottesville/etc - especially since jobs prospects will be much greater there than many of the schools on your list. This seems like a clear case where reapplying next cycle (to ALL the T13) would help you get the best outcome. If you retake while waiting for next cycle and get even a couple more points, combined with that URM status, you'd be looking at a good amount of money. Don't sell yourself short by going this cycle, unless you get into Stanford (and even then - is it really worth the cost? What are your career goals?)

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 am

You need to apply to more T13, which will give you more money than Berkeley. I'd work under the assumption you're getting in there and work to maximize your scholarship there (which will be done through negotiation) so you need aid offers at peer schools.

You're pretty golden for UCLA and USC with a lot of $$$$.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:41 am

Especially as a MA first gen college grad, apply more places. Higher ranked places. You will land USC/UCLA with great $$$, so no need to apply to more "safety" schools. Solicit fee waivers if app fees are the issue.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:47 am

caffeinatedvirgo wrote:Edit: I don't really care what you think of my school choices. These are my applications, I have decided on these schools for individual reasons, they are not changing, I am not waiting for another cycle, I am not going to explain them, I'm not a BigLaw gunner type, I just want the answer that is the whole point of this particular board. Thank you kindly!
Ok, then the answer is that you're far too immature to know what to do with the advice you're getting here.

If you're not a biglaw gunner type, what do you want to do? This list makes it abundantly clear that you haven't done any research on the process, and since you're a "long time lurker," you knew that people were going to ask those questions to help narrow down ways to improve your chances.

So grow the fuck up or go ask a relative for validation. This board is for getting advice.

Bojack93

New

Post by Bojack93 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 am

cavalier1138 wrote: Ok, then the answer is that you're far too immature to know what to do with the advice you're getting here.

If you're not a biglaw gunner type, what do you want to do? This list makes it abundantly clear that you haven't done any research on the process, and since you're a "long time lurker," you knew that people were going to ask those questions to help narrow down ways to improve your chances.

So grow the fuck up or go ask a relative for validation. This board is for getting advice.
Well this seems like a bit much.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:51 am

Ok, well you’re probably leaving money and optimal options on the table, so as long as you’re comfortable with that, I answered your question with as much certainty as anyone here can.

I hope you consider expanding your search to the rest of the T13 for negotiation leverage, but if not, find the best balance of tuition discount and post-graduation goal, assuming you know what that goal is.

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 am

Bojack93 wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote: Ok, then the answer is that you're far too immature to know what to do with the advice you're getting here.

Well this seems like a bit much.
It's true though. What kind of feedback is OP actually looking for? It seems that anything aside from validation is an insult. OP has the same data we have through LSN, TLS, etc. that would give the chance they have at each of these schools, so they already know they have a shot at other T-13 as well. "Chance me" posts should have extenuating circumstances beyond their numbers, otherwise it's a simple plug-in to these sites. Don't make these posts if you're not going to entertain replies that say anything beyond "You're doing great!".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”