3.56, 160 foreign Hispanic URM male Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
polamalu

New

3.56, 160 foreign Hispanic URM male

Post by polamalu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi all,

I have a 3.56, and a 160. I attended an Ivy for undergrad, and I'm a South American-born Hispanic male. I'm currently working at a big law firm as a paralegal (just graduated this year). My GPA started low but rose as my level of English improved (I assume that doesn't matter too much).

I'm looking at Cornell (reach), Vandy, BU, USC, GW, Fordham and keeping my options open. I want to do international law, and I'm very motivated about going to law school, even more so after spending time working at the firm.

I'm also concerned about what the scholarship money would look like...if anyone has a good hunch it would be great to hear about it.

Thanks!!

cavalier1138

Re: 3.56, 160 foreign Hispanic URM male

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 pm

If you're from South America, you are likely not considered a URM for admissions purposes. So you absolutely need to retake for your goals.

icechicken

Bronze

Re: 3.56, 160 foreign Hispanic URM male

Post by icechicken » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 pm

polamalu wrote:My GPA started low but rose as my level of English improved (I assume that doesn't matter too much).
An upward trend is good, and if you were consistently pulling A's by the time you graduated you might punch slightly above your weight in terms of GPA. But cavalier is right that you need to substantially improve your LSAT.

Return to “What are my chances?”