Chances at Vandy, Texas, ND Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jazzy24

New

Chances at Vandy, Texas, ND

Post by jazzy24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Looking for honest input at the above schools. Stats: 166/3.64 gpa. Undergrad is top 3 liberal arts school and was student-athlete. I think I have good softs and can explain gpa as I had mono in my sophomore year. Junior and Senior year gpa avg. of 3.82. I have a friend who scored 167 and had gpa of 3.6 from good liberal arts schools and she never got off the waitlist at Vandy and is attending ND and loving it. I thought with her stats and decent softs that she would have gotten off waitlist at Vandy (also waitlisted at Georgetown).

chargers21

Gold

Re: Chances at Vandy, Texas, ND

Post by chargers21 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Softs don't matter much. You have a longshot at vandy and texas where you'd be paying a lot, and are basically a lock at Notre Dame with a decent scholarship. Depending on your career goals, you might want to consider a retake or focusing on a more regional school with a full ride

jazzy24

New

Post by jazzy24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Looking at LSN, it looks like most most applicants that have an lsat score at the median and a gpa within the range eventually get admitted off waitlist. Also how do they look at an illness like mono impacting your gpa?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:35 pm

jazzy24 wrote:Looking at LSN, it looks like most most applicants that have an lsat score at the median and a gpa within the range eventually get admitted off waitlist. Also how do they look at an illness like mono impacting your gpa?
Not necessarily, and apparently not so at Vanderbilt according to the data on mylsn. You're below median at Texas either way though.

hamshotfirst

New

Post by hamshotfirst » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:03 pm

As chargers said, chances probably aren't good at Texas and Vandy will likely be trying to get its LSAT 75th back up. ND you're in, though. I know that retaking can be a pain, but if you get just one or two more points, that could be a huuuuge difference, especially with Vandy.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”