171/3.1 any chance on T14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
aegibbang

New

171/3.1 any chance on T14?

Post by aegibbang » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:02 pm

I have a 171 on the LSAT, and a 3.1 cumulative and a 4.0+ on the summary gpa. I know the summary/degree gpa means basically nothing but it can't hurt. I left my first school, worked for 2 years, and went to another 4 year where my gpa was the 4.0+ but my grades in my first school drags it down.

Do I have any chance at all at any of the T14?

Socratease

New

Re: 171/3.1 any chance on T14?

Post by Socratease » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 pm

aegibbang wrote:I have a 171 on the LSAT, and a 3.1 cumulative and a 4.0+ on the summary gpa. I know the summary/degree gpa means basically nothing but it can't hurt. I left my first school, worked for 2 years, and went to another 4 year where my gpa was the 4.0+ but my grades in my first school drags it down.

Do I have any chance at all at any of the T14?
I think the answer is yes, you have a chance at landing some t14 acceptances, but nothing is guaranteed with these numbers. Scholarships will be minimal if they're offered at all.

I have similar numbers (3.08/172) but a downward-trending gpa partially explainable by one dismal semester (diagnosed with substance use disorder spring of senior year). I'm curious how your chances compare to mine. My initial thought is you have better t14 chances because of your very strong upward trend. FWIW, I'm anticipating a lot of waitlists and rejections.

eta: you probably know this already, but you should apply to strong regional schools and maybe all of the t20 if you're geographically flexible as these schools may surprise you with scholarship offers.

boardcookies

New

Post by boardcookies » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:18 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”