Ed at nu

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
181plz
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am

Ed at nu

Postby 181plz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:34 am

I have a 3.4x Gpa and currently 168 LSAT.

I understand I have no chance now; however if I were to achieve a 175+ retake in September is nu ed plausible?

acr
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: Ed at nu

Postby acr » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 am

Yes

If you get a 175+, you have a very good chance (particularly if you have meaningful work experience)

cavalier1138
Posts: 4651
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Ed at nu

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:48 am

acr wrote:Yes

If you get a 175+, you have a very good chance (particularly if you have meaningful work experience)


Northwestern favors splitters, but I don't think that extends to their ED process (even with a 175). I think NU with money would absolutely be likely with the higher score, but not ED admission.

User avatar
twiix
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Ed at nu

Postby twiix » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:53 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
acr wrote:Yes

If you get a 175+, you have a very good chance (particularly if you have meaningful work experience)


Northwestern favors splitters, but I don't think that extends to their ED process (even with a 175). I think NU with money would absolutely be likely with the higher score, but not ED admission.


Yeah ED is a way for them to lure applicants who have a good shot at CCN to attend their lesser ranked school, which boosts their numbers. Aka, likely not happening with a <25% GPA.

181plz
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am

Re: Ed at nu

Postby 181plz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:21 pm

acr wrote:Yes

If you get a 175+, you have a very good chance (particularly if you have meaningful work experience)


I'd say I have decent WE. I did a year of AmeriCorps after high school, tutoring and mentoring 8th graders, and worked at homeless shelters throughout my undergrad. I also tutored LSAT for Kaplan my last year of undergrad, and Ive been working in sales since graduating in December 2016

User avatar
guynourmin
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Ed at nu

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:56 pm

acr wrote:If you get a 175+, you have a very good chance


This year no one with below a 3.5 on LSN received the ED scholarship. The year before 3 people did, two URMs (3.35, 3.41). The third, 3.49/168. I don't believe a single person over two cycles should be enough to warrant anyone saying that OP has a 'very good chance'.

181plz
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am

Re: Ed at nu

Postby 181plz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:59 pm

guybourdin wrote:
acr wrote:If you get a 175+, you have a very good chance


This year no one with below a 3.5 on LSN received the ED scholarship. The year before 3 people did, two URMs (3.35, 3.41). The third, 3.49/168. I don't believe a single person over two cycles should be enough to warrant anyone saying that OP has a 'very good chance'.


I respect that it's a low probability and will probably try anyway, presuming I meet my LSAT goals. How much, if any, does the above work history help?

User avatar
guynourmin
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Ed at nu

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:24 pm

181plz wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
acr wrote:If you get a 175+, you have a very good chance


This year no one with below a 3.5 on LSN received the ED scholarship. The year before 3 people did, two URMs (3.35, 3.41). The third, 3.49/168. I don't believe a single person over two cycles should be enough to warrant anyone saying that OP has a 'very good chance'.


I respect that it's a low probability and will probably try anyway, presuming I meet my LSAT goals. How much, if any, does the above work history help?

you absolutely should apply for it if you are interested! I applied with a lower GPA. Didn't expect it, didn't get it, but it was worth applying. In no way did I intend to discourage you from applying ED.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests