What's the best school I can get into? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ashleyr1994

New

What's the best school I can get into?

Post by ashleyr1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

My goal is to go to the best possible school I can get into
Graduated in 2016 with a degree in Biology and minor in Chemistry.
Good softs- 2 years work experience at the Attorney General's Office, good letters of recommendation, volunteer work etc.
Low GPA (3.0) - considering including an addenda in my applications about this or focusing my personal statement on why I struggled throughout undergrad
LSAT is a 163, pretty disappointed I underperformed by 3-4 points

Would it help to early decision to GWU/ apply as soon as applications open to Boston College? What can I do to have any chance of getting into schools in that range? What range of schools should I be considering? Thank you for your time/comments/suggestions they're much appreciated!

BulletTooth

Bronze

Re: What's the best school I can get into?

Post by BulletTooth » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:15 pm

ashleyr1994 wrote:My goal is to go to the best possible school I can get into
Graduated in 2016 with a degree in Biology and minor in Chemistry.
Good softs- 2 years work experience at the Attorney General's Office, good letters of recommendation, volunteer work etc.
Low GPA (3.0) - considering including an addenda in my applications about this or focusing my personal statement on why I struggled throughout undergrad
LSAT is a 163, pretty disappointed I underperformed by 3-4 points

Would it help to early decision to GWU/ apply as soon as applications open to Boston College? What can I do to have any chance of getting into schools in that range? What range of schools should I be considering? Thank you for your time/comments/suggestions they're much appreciated!
You might want to think about retaking. If you could pull off a 166-167, Boston College and GWU would be easily obtainable and most likely with lots of scholarship $. Studying for the LSAT a second time can be rough, but the reward from even a 2-3 point increase is well worth it.

Return to “What are my chances?”