3.42 GPA, 166 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
22013cone
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 pm

3.42 GPA, 166 LSAT

Postby 22013cone » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Took the advice of a few of the posters here and retook from my last test date. What are my chances looking at for the lower T14/T20? Also, if it makes any difference, I'll be active duty Army for the next few years before applying. Are there any schools that look particularly favorable upon military service in the T20? Should also mention that along with military service, I'm sitting on a large quantity of awards for public speaking from Model UN/Mock Trial/Moot Court from undergrad, including a few awards where I placed in the top 1% of the country. Would this combined with my military background be a compelling soft factor?

cavalier1138
Posts: 4312
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: 3.42 GPA, 166 LSAT

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Those aren't bad softs, but they're probably not going to get you into the lower T14 with those numbers.
Last edited by cavalier1138 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichiganHoosier
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Re: 3.42 GPA, 166 LSAT

Postby MichiganHoosier » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Bro, it seems like you aren't even in the army yet. We'll see what your military "background" is in a couple of years. Do great things in the Army and serve your country and that may get you some bites from some of the military friendly top schools (Georgetown, Virginia, Michigan). But in the end, you still have to have the numbers to get your foot in the door.

22013cone
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: 3.42 GPA, 166 LSAT

Postby 22013cone » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:22 pm

MichiganHoosier wrote:Bro, it seems like you aren't even in the army yet. We'll see what your military "background" is in a couple of years. Do great things in the Army and serve your country and that may get you some bites from some of the military friendly top schools (Georgetown, Virginia, Michigan). But in the end, you still have to have the numbers to get your foot in the door.


Haha, yep, I'm still a filthy DEPer at the moment. Shipping out as a 12B Opt. 4 in a bit, but I wanted a surefire plan when I got out. Definitely don't want to be playing with IEDs for the rest of my life :lol:

MichiganHoosier
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Re: 3.42 GPA, 166 LSAT

Postby MichiganHoosier » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:47 pm

22013cone wrote:
MichiganHoosier wrote:Bro, it seems like you aren't even in the army yet. We'll see what your military "background" is in a couple of years. Do great things in the Army and serve your country and that may get you some bites from some of the military friendly top schools (Georgetown, Virginia, Michigan). But in the end, you still have to have the numbers to get your foot in the door.


Haha, yep, I'm still a filthy DEPer at the moment. Shipping out as a 12B Opt. 4 in a bit, but I wanted a surefire plan when I got out. Definitely don't want to be playing with IEDs for the rest of my life :lol:


Good luck, man. Enjoy airborne. Enjoy being in either North Carolina, Alaska, or Italy. Enjoy the experience and once you get halfway through your contract, start thinking about law school, you'll have plenty of time to study/apply as you transition out of the Army.

22013cone
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: 3.42 GPA, 166 LSAT

Postby 22013cone » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 pm

MichiganHoosier wrote:
22013cone wrote:
MichiganHoosier wrote:Bro, it seems like you aren't even in the army yet. We'll see what your military "background" is in a couple of years. Do great things in the Army and serve your country and that may get you some bites from some of the military friendly top schools (Georgetown, Virginia, Michigan). But in the end, you still have to have the numbers to get your foot in the door.


Haha, yep, I'm still a filthy DEPer at the moment. Shipping out as a 12B Opt. 4 in a bit, but I wanted a surefire plan when I got out. Definitely don't want to be playing with IEDs for the rest of my life :lol:


Good luck, man. Enjoy airborne. Enjoy being in either North Carolina, Alaska, or Italy. Enjoy the experience and once you get halfway through your contract, start thinking about law school, you'll have plenty of time to study/apply as you transition out of the Army.


Sounds good, thanks for the tip!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests