Splitter: 2.9/170 T-13? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ceepaige1

New

Splitter: 2.9/170 T-13?

Post by ceepaige1 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi, I am a splitter (2.9/170) who's applying to a bunch of schools this fall, including: NU, UVA and Michigan.

I'll be honest - my softs aren't too spectacular. I'll have three years of work experience by the time I start law school, I've done some volunteer work in the past year (nothing before) and while I haven't read my LOR's, I expect them to be somewhere in between lukewarm and normal.

I studied really hard for the LSAT, and I'm really hoping that it might help me crack the T-13. What are my chances at any of the schools listed above? NU would be my top preference, but if get in to any one of these schools I'd be ecstatic.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Splitter: 2.9/170 T-13?

Post by UVA2B » Wed May 10, 2017 9:03 pm

It's pretty hit or miss it would seem. Not impossible, but not exactly likely either.

IExistedOnceBefore

Bronze

Post by IExistedOnceBefore » Wed May 10, 2017 9:05 pm

What points did you leave on the table when you took the LSAT? I normally don't want to preach "retake" but you want as much pull as you can and if you left LG points on the table, I would think about a sept/oct (I don't know which year we're in) retake as well as applying.

That being said, your stats are the kind that are wildly unpredictable. Blanket the T20 and see what happens.

ceepaige1

New

Post by ceepaige1 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 pm

IExistedOnceBefore wrote:What points did you leave on the table when you took the LSAT? I normally don't want to preach "retake" but you want as much pull as you can and if you left LG points on the table, I would think about a sept/oct (I don't know which year we're in) retake as well as applying.

That being said, your stats are the kind that are wildly unpredictable. Blanket the T20 and see what happens.
RC is where I missed the most questions. I'm open to potentially retaking, but I did study for this for like 6+ months and I get tired just thinking about doing it again (I currently I have two jobs that I balance, and volunteer work). So I'm not sure if I want to go down that route. But we'll see!

ceepaige1

New

Post by ceepaige1 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:40 pm

UVA2B wrote:http://myLSN.info/6mdiit_1-13.jpg[/img]

It's pretty hit or miss it would seem. Not impossible, but not exactly likely either.
So I like mylsn, but sometimes it confuses me. I did those numbers (2.8-3.1 gpa instead though) and I did 2014-2017 and my chances at UVA went up. So I'm just a little nervous to go by that because I'm not sure what's accurate and what's not - if that makes sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 pm

ceepaige1 wrote:

So I like mylsn, but sometimes it confuses me. I did those numbers (2.8-3.1 gpa instead though) and I did 2014-2017 and my chances at UVA went up. So I'm just a little nervous to go by that because I'm not sure what's accurate and what's not - if that makes sense.
That's fair, mylsn is imperfect because it's crowd-sourced and can be limited when the numbers are at extremes like yours tend to be. And remember that mylsn is just a barometer tool. All you can really do is apply with the best application you can put together and see what happens. Not a single person here or anywhere else outside of the office of the ADCOM of the school you're considering can tell you whether they'll want to admit you.

ceepaige1

New

Post by ceepaige1 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:03 pm

UVA2B wrote:
ceepaige1 wrote:

That's fair, mylsn is imperfect because it's crowd-sourced and can be limited when the numbers are at extremes like yours tend to be. And remember that mylsn is just a barometer tool. All you can really do is apply with the best application you can put together and see what happens. Not a single person here or anywhere else outside of the office of the ADCOM of the school you're considering can tell you whether they'll want to admit you.
That's very true. I mainly did this post to see if it's worth sending in apps to these schools. I feel like after looking at mylsn again, I'll probably refrain from applying to Michigan (will most likely be a reject), but I'm going to apply to NU and UVA and hope for the best.

half moon

New

Post by half moon » Wed May 10, 2017 10:39 pm

ceepaige1 wrote:
That's very true. I mainly did this post to see if it's worth sending in apps to these schools. I feel like after looking at mylsn again, I'll probably refrain from applying to Michigan (will most likely be a reject), but I'm going to apply to NU and UVA and hope for the best.
I'd still apply to Michigan and all other lower T13. Its hard to tell much of anything definitive about where you'll get in with the tiny sample size on LSN in your stat range.

Also, if you think you can improve on the LSAT even a couple points, go for it. I plugged in 171-173 with your GPA range, and it looks like a couple more points might really improve your shot with Michigan and Northwestern in particular.

Otherwise, spend the summer getting the rest of your app in great shape and submit as early as possible. Its certainly not a lock, but you may get a hit in the T13.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”